Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FTCHMUP

Reaction score
I'm sure that's the case even though I asked them when I picked it up and they said the IWE was perfect.
Maybe I can figure out how to get them to change it before the warranty is up, so far I havn't been able to drive it for more than a month without it going back to Ford.
On the plus side it is fun when it works.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just traded in my 2017 for a 2018. On top of only losing 5k for a years worth of use and 26k miles. I had the 4wd system make the same grinding noise as described earlier. It would get loud and then the 4wd would try to engage and make this sound - when in two wheel drive, not good. Took two trips until I had the shop manager ride with me and he was not happy that the other mechanics. “ could not hear anything”. They replaced something with the vacuum system and it fixed the noise but not 100 percent, something was still not right. I go on hunting trips to middle of nowhere out west and simply could not trust it. There are some issues with the 4wd for sure.

04cobraboy

Reaction score
I have a noise coming from the right front wheel area, at least from inside the cabin that's where it seems to be coming from. Most audible around 30-40mph and is related to the cars speed and not engine RPM. It goes away when I put the car in neutral and coast at the same speeds, which leads me to believe it transmission related. It's a light rattle/tick, it almost sounds just like a rock is stuck in the tread of the K02, but I found nothing. I've looked in the wheel, around brakes, cx axle, driveshafts, looked for anything loose or dangling and have found nothing. Taking it to Ford today, car has 100 miles, started at around 60...

FTCHMUP

Reaction score
I just traded in my 2017 for a 2018. On top of only losing 5k for a years worth of use and 26k miles. I had the 4wd system make the same grinding noise as described earlier. It would get loud and then the 4wd would try to engage and make this sound - when in two wheel drive, not good. Took two trips until I had the shop manager ride with me and he was not happy that the other mechanics. “ could not hear anything”. They replaced something with the vacuum system and it fixed the noise but not 100 percent, something was still not right. I go on hunting trips to middle of nowhere out west and simply could not trust it. There are some issues with the 4wd for sure.

I feel the same way, I also spend a lot of time in the middle of nowhere. Hard to trust it, but now that I have $10k worth of crap added to the truck its hard to start over.
you didn't do to bad if you only lost 5k with 26k miles

EOmfD

Reaction score
2018 w/1700mi - heater fan motor intermittently blows at any setting above 3, and won’t shift to 4A or 4H once that happens. It’s been a the dealership for a week with no cure.

***UPDATE***

After a month of failed attempts to fix, it was a loose ground from the factory. So far, so good.

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pick up my 18 Scab tomorrow. Going to test for some issues anything specific I should do before leaving lot?

Was going to pour water in sunroof to test the drainage first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Pick up my 18 Scab tomorrow. Going to test for some issues anything specific I should do before leaving lot?

Was going to pour water in sunroof to test the drainage first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

take pictures, check everything you can from the engine bay to the tailgate. under the truck, in the cab, etc.

Test drive the truck, and give it a good caning. when you get back, check under the truck for leaks, loose parts, etc. take pics again.

You might want to have them hold off on the detail until after the test drive, hopefully you have some local fields or something to have some fun in.

FTCHMUP

Reaction score
Fourth time to the dealer.
Wrench light came on this time, showed (see manual).
Ford replaced a turbo boost sensor that was sticking.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
22k miles and so far:

Replaced oil pan because of leak.
The entire bed was shifted 1'' to the driver's side. Dealer had to remove and reinstall bed.
Slow transmission leak from the bell housing only once after a dirt session. It stopped leaking after it cooled down. Dealer claimed they saw no leak and put dye in the fluid to see if it happens again.
Rear differential leak repaired.
Cam phasers are loudly rattling on cold start. Dealer tried a reflash but it didn't fix it. Cam phasers are on order.

Aside from these issues, I love this truck. I will still mod it and beat on it for the foreseeable future.

JURASIK18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Windshield wiper skips and jumps across the glass.
Discovered this yesterday in 1st rain storm. Annoying as hell. Tried cleaning blades and glass ,rain-x ,no difference. Gonna tinker some more today. Thankfully im in socal.
2700 miles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts