Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Definitely start getting Ford C/S involved, pretty much daily. Don’t threaten to sue, be polite and courteous but be sure to ratchet up your asks gradually. Start with an ETA and keep on them.

Your goal here is the return of the truck you bought to you, fully repaired to your satisfaction as soon as possible. Right now it’s hard to believe but legal action is not the fastest path to that end. It is a final path, but you burn the “future customer potential” through a lawsuit.

If you need to vent, there’s plenty of opportunity here on FRF !

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called 1-800 Ford today.

What was 800 corporate’s response to this? I don’t get how/why Ford wouldn’t authorize a new trans at this point since the parts aren’t available and the truck has been sitting on a rack for a month. The 10 speed has been out for over a year and is going into more of their lineup, doesn’t make sense how their parts supply isn’t in line at this point.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was 800 corporate’s response to this? I don’t get how/why Ford wouldn’t authorize a new trans at this point since the parts aren’t available and the truck has been sitting on a rack for a month. The 10 speed has been out for over a year and is going into more of their lineup, doesn’t make sense how their parts supply isn’t in line at this point.

Basically, they did not have much to add other than the 'Customer Rep" could see my dealership was requesting a transmission replacement and that the dealer was working with the Regional Manager to get this approved.

The 'Customer Rep' created a second case file where the Regional Manager would be contacting me directly. The person I spoke with was not sure what the hold up is/was.

The service adviser manager at my dealership was completely on board with me calling 1-800-Ford to see if it could "speed" things along. The Regional Manager is supposed to be calling/emailing me tomorrow before 8 pm.

I'll keep you updated. If this gets fixed I am at least pushing for a transferable warranty beyond the 5 yr/60k for drivetrain. This will be a reasonable stain for resale/trade in the future.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score

This should be concerning then. Sounds like they cannot keep enough parts on hand to cover warranty. That was a bad miscalculation based on the number of issues seen.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This should be concerning then. Sounds like they cannot keep enough parts on hand to cover warranty. That was a bad miscalculation based on the number of issues seen.

Sorry Sasquatch.

You still aren't able to afford a Raptor

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Econ 101: It is more profitable to put those transmissions in trucks that haven't been sold than use them in trucks that have already been paid for.

Reaction score
My Air Bag Light stayed On after I started my car about a month ago.
Had it checked by a local shop: DTC B141B ( Passenger Seat Belt second row ).
I checked all the connections... All seems fine. Next day the Light went away by itself.
Now it came back On again !

Any suggestions or ideas ?

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wrench light turned on today. Truck feels like it lost about 1/2 of its power. Turbos only spool and produce about 8 psi. I also don’t hear that wastegate clicking sound on the driver side any more which makes me think that the turbo or wastegate on that side may have an issue. Have to take it in to the dealership but the wrench light turned off after I shut it off and turned it back on.

Attachments

• 5D40FD1A-C759-4501-B194-B097A2D3A3A1.jpg
    5D40FD1A-C759-4501-B194-B097A2D3A3A1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 76