Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iceman7273

Reaction score
I had 2 different issues with IWE and vacuum issues.
moon roof is leaking in front corner and leaking down A PILLAR
lost both front marker light covers

love the raptor but the moon has me worried for future leaks

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2017 Supercab with 10,000 Miles had Roll pin recall completed over 1 week ago. Attempted to drive on Monday to relatives for Xmas (~400) miles but hemorrhaged transmission fluid about 150 Miles into trip. Limped to 2nd dealership in closest town available. Transmission temps never elevated. Got a loaner from them for the week.

2nd dealership replaces transmission pan gasket and seal between transfer case and transmission and state all fixed and no leaks. I picked it up this past Saturday and I drove 70 miles towards home and hemorrhaged transmission fluid for the 2nd time. Stuck on interstate for 2 hours while waiting on tow truck to tow Raptor the other 85 miles to my home dealership.

It’s either a complete coincidence or my home dealership *****’ed something with the roll pin recall.

My oil pan leaks too but part is on 2-week back order.

Nasjal

Reaction score
Hi again,
Just after recovered previous failures. Now about 10K Km crossed, I have another hit, while trying to get out of stuck-up into a sand hill, suddenly I lost the power steering assembly with all other related functions such as lane keeping, crash protection ..... so I could not turn the steering any more, luckily I had an assistant and now under repair to replace the complete assembly, while checking found oil pan leaking.
I don't know what is next surprise from FORD in this car ....

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues at all, I am very happy and impresses with it. built 11/2016.

I just want to give you guys an idea how I drive it. It is hit or miss with the 2017s, guess I got a hit.

I have apox 30,000mi on it. Hard driving, WOT when passing, on on-ramps, and some take offs. I drive in the 80s. Also, I have been on lots of off road treks, sand, rocks, trails and water crossings. I only really baby it when it comes to trying to keep the interior clean and maintenance. Only mods are catch can and CAI at about 5000mi. Many oil changes, mobil1 0-40 European formula. Just changed the transfer case, and both diff fluids (because of the water crossings).

Happy Holidays!

truckster

Reaction score
My first cold weather with my 17. When the temps drop, my damn drivers door won’t shut, the latch just won’t close. Need to wait for the truck to heat up before the door will close!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

air00mike

Reaction score
My first cold weather with my 17. When the temps drop, my damn drivers door won’t shut, the latch just won’t close. Need to wait for the truck to heat up before the door will close!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the issue that's part of the recent F150 recall (affects 15-17 models). Pretty sure there's a fix for it and Ford will install some kind of water shield to prevent freezing for you.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score