Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problems with my 2018 and I’ve got close to 400 miles on it. Thank god I waited on the 2018s and didn’t jump the gun like I wanted too. Being patient saved me a lot of aggravation and trips to the ford service department. But just like anything else that is made, the kinks must be straightened out after that first year test run.

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 2018. Zero issues. Not trying to put down any of the 2017 owners here, but...that’s why I bought an 18 and not a 17.

Every vehicle I have ever bought first model year of has had issues.

—John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your motor is made in Mexico clearly why I bought a 17. Not trying to put down any 18 owners lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mjvthomas

Reaction score
Cracked torque converter at 600 miles, fixed/ replaced. Transmission fail again at 900 miles waiting on a complete transmission swap currently. Not the norm, still love the truck.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only problem that I have had is life sucks when I have to drive any other vehicle. I go travel somewhere and driving the rental is torture. Even my wife's explorer sport drives me crazy.

troverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 truck, 1800 miles, no problems. Has done very heavy towing, some off-road, and the rest just driving miles.

The transmission is not that smooth shifting most of the time, the sound of this motor is mostly not appealing, and the back end is not well planted over bumps.

Otherwise, seems to be a great vehicle. Fuel economy is better than expected, it is certainly quick, quiet and comfortable. Great looking and seems to be very good off-road.

One actual complaint...I notice when towing a trailer and applying full throttle, the truck drivetrain seems to have a decent vibration and grittiness to it. Not sure if the tongue weight causing the driveshaft angle to be different is causing it, or it is the severe load on the motor, or whatever. Anyone else notice this?

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just 1 problem: this thread :mwah1:

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

No problems with my 2018 and I’ve got close to 400 miles on it. Thank god I waited on the 2018s and didn’t jump the gun like I wanted too. Being patient saved me a lot of aggravation and trips to the ford service department. But just like anything else that is made, the kinks must be straightened out after that first year test run.

Yes, "thank god (you) waited on the 2018s and didn't jump the gun."

Us 2017 owners appreciate you waiting :baby:

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
>>>>The transmission is not that smooth shifting most of the time, the sound of this motor is mostly not appealing, and the back end is not well planted over bumps.
Otherwise, seems to be a great vehicle.
<<<<

are you talking about a Volkswagon rabbit.?.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I clearly said "Not trying to put down any of the 2017 owners here".

That means, nothing against 2017's! Further more I did not say every 2018 is perfect!

You need to come out to Colorado, more off road within 30 mins than I can have time to get to.

--John

Hi John, did not mean to upset you referring to the unedited version of your reply. It’s all good! Actually my wife and I are looking at going to Colorado next year. It’s about a month trip. We should meet and hit some of your trails if time allows.