Poll: Does/did your 2017 Raptor leak oil.

Did your 2017 Raptor leak oil?

• No oil leak

Votes: 116 73.0%
  • Yes I had a leak

Votes: 43 27.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
built 11/16, at about 30,000 mi I noticed oil film around a few screws on oil pan. Dealer fix under warranty, I'll continue to keep an eye on it.

Kngranch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first 2017 oil pan leaked around 500 miles, my second 2017 started leaking around 14k miles. Sad..

Lasercat

Reaction score
Just had my Rappy in for the transmission roll pin recall and dealer noticed the oil pan leaking. Relatively minor leak at this point (no oil spots on the garage floor, nothing noticeable with a quick look underneath), but they're replacing the oil pan under warranty.

3/17 build date, 10250 miles

Oil pan replaced. Dropped it off first thing in the morning, expected it to be in the shop for a few days, but the dealer called and said it was ready late afternoon. I mentioned that I thought the sealant needed to cure overnight, but he said their head tech did the job and said 2 hours curing was the requirement. Had it back a week now and all is good, so I'm satisfied for the time being.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
2017 6/17 build, 4800 slight leak, made appointment, waiting for loaner truck.

RobertH6657

Reaction score
2017 6/17 build, 11,200 miles, leaking on Passenger Side of engine, very top and very front of engine. Ford had it for 3 days, they did not fix it. They first said it was a turbo oil tube leaking. I said, no way. I cleaned the engine prior. Then I let it run idle in the garage for 15 minutes and the oil began to weep down from the top and front of engine. Then they said on Day 2, that its the timing chain cover leaking. Then they called me on Day 3 and said no, not the timing chain cover. I told them to replace the Drivers Side valve cover gasket because there really is nothing else topside that can leak. They did not replace it. They said they put dye in my oil and to drive it around a couple weeks. It goes back in shop on Monday. I will keep you posted. However, my idling test proved it's not the oil pan that is leaking.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
2017 6/17 build, 11,200 miles, leaking on Passenger Side of engine, very top and very front of engine. Ford had it for 3 days, they did not fix it. They first said it was a turbo oil tube leaking. I said, no way. I cleaned the engine prior. Then I let it run idle in the garage for 15 minutes and the oil began to weep down from the top and front of engine. Then they said on Day 2, that its the timing chain cover leaking. Then they called me on Day 3 and said no, not the timing chain cover. I told them to replace the Drivers Side valve cover gasket because there really is nothing else topside that can leak. They did not replace it. They said they put dye in my oil and to drive it around a couple weeks. It goes back in shop on Monday. I will keep you posted. However, my idling test proved it's not the oil pan that is leaking.
I had the driver side valve cover gasket replaced and it started leaking again about 1000 miles later. It’s back at ford get another one replaced. If you pull the 2 10mm bolts out of the cover you can see the oil filling the manifold valley. That’s where mine is going I noticed it because I park on a hill so the oil would run off to the driver side and burn on the manifold and I would smell it.