Picked my 2018 Race Red

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! I was glad they brought it back for the Gen2. Best color for the truck.

Um, would have to disagree (of course) Molten Orange - Only one year in a Screw... Then SVT retired it for the truck

Now with that said - If I ever sold my baby, Race Red would be my choice...

@ReyLorenzo - Great looking truck, btw

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I'm loving that red. Wish they offered it in 2017 when I got my ruby red.

For the low end torque I completely agree. Even in Sport mode it lags. But try out Baja mode/2WD on the dirt. It's the best combo. Reduces a bunch of the lag.

Well there are obvious differences that some of the gen 1 owners will always bicker about. The old Raptor did make all the right noises but that's wasn't enough for me to keep it. The old one felt like a tired truck. Running 37s didn't help, and the power steering noise was getting worse (second pump was going). The new Raptor feels more refined. Much more comfortable. It's leaps and bounds more technologically advanced and where the old truck felt like it had more low end torque this truck makes up for it after 3500 RPM.

OP
OP
ReyLorenzo

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice...At last a Race Red without $2K of cheap looking stickers.

Mike

Haha, well it won't last long. I have some graphics coming from Rappy Graphics. I don't like the plain "clean" look on Raptors. I actually like the graphics on the hood and bed.

MikeEby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, well it won't last long. I have some graphics coming from Rappy Graphics. I don't like the plain "clean" look on Raptors. I actually like the graphics on the hood and bed.

Hey...It's your truck do what you want with it. :biggrin:

I agree the hood doesn't look to bad, it goes with the black scoopy thingy.

The factory bed stickers IMO doesn't add much to the truck, it's probably an age thing. The Gen 1 rear quarter graphics looked much better.

Mike

Last edited:

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well there are obvious differences that some of the gen 1 owners will always bicker about. The old Raptor did make all the right noises but that's wasn't enough for me to keep it. The old one felt like a tired truck. Running 37s didn't help, and the power steering noise was getting worse (second pump was going). The new Raptor feels more refined. Much more comfortable. It's leaps and bounds more technologically advanced and where the old truck felt like it had more low end torque this truck makes up for it after 3500 RPM.

How many miles did your 2014 have on it? When did you start to notice the power steering issues?