Pedal Commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny

Reaction score
Anyone have any difficulty getting the stock wire harness off? I had both the red and black clip undone but still couldn't manage to get it off. Finally did but a small 1/8" black clip snapped off. I did install both pedal commander harnesses and both clicked on. Is this good enough or should I do something more?
Thanks

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
did the piece snap off the throttle cable?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
pics of where it snapped off and the piece itself if you have them?

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
Pedal Commander > game f'n changer @Aaron
:win:

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Danny

Reaction score

It's about 1/2" long and about 1/8" wide and has a small VIP on the end. Does the factory clip have 2 of these where maybe I thought only one and but forcing it broke the 2nd one? I lifted the red tab on one side and used a screw driver to pry away th tab on the other but the plug wouldn't come off. It did snap into place when installing the pedal commander and seems solid. I was also going to wrap it with electrical tape since replacing it seems impossible

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

pics of where it snapped off and the piece itself if you have them?

I'll have to take one. The piece is about 1/2" long and 1/8" wide and has a barb on the end maybe to help it lock in place? I lifted the red tab on one side and used a screw driver on the other to pry up on the tab to release the barb that holds it in place. Is the 2 barbs on one side and maybe one broke and the one I released stayed in place? Seems solid and in place. Was going to wrap in electrical tape since replacing is impossible

OP
OP
D

Danny

Reaction score

I figured out where the broken piece came from. It's on the original plug that goes to the pedal. On the side where the red tab is that you lift up on then press the black clip release in order to get the plug off the top of the gas pedal. Anyway there are 2 small black clips under the red latch that you lift which releases it from the top of the pedal. It's one of them that broke inside the original plug. Is it worth replacing and any clue how a person makes that happen?
Thanks