GEN 2 Paranoid much?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So drive about half the time in sport. Not too hard. Not too soft. For about 3 days, I was occassionally hearing a faint to medium volume 'clank' ever so often and mostly in sport. With all the problems posted on here.....I started running down the list mentally thinking engine, transmission, driveline, etc.....running with radio off, air off, windows up, windows down. Then once when it happened it sounded like coming from back seat. Next stop I found my first 'problem'....the Mrs. put two full wine bottles in the rear underseat storage container and put a towel over them....problem solved. Paranoid much?

PatAv8r

Reaction score
So drive about half the time in sport. Not too hard. Not too soft. For about 3 days, I was occassionally hearing a faint to medium volume 'clank' ever so often and mostly in sport. With all the problems posted on here.....I started running down the list mentally thinking engine, transmission, driveline, etc.....running with radio off, air off, windows up, windows down. Then once when it happened it sounded like coming from back seat. Next stop I found my first 'problem'....the Mrs. put two full wine bottles in the rear underseat storage container and put a towel over them....problem solved. [emoji16] Paranoid much?

Lmao

When I first got the truck there was a loud hissing sound, after it drove me crazy for a few days I figured out it was the seats air option. That thing is LOUD when it’s on high.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lmao

When I first got the truck there was a loud hissing sound, after it drove me crazy for a few days I figured out it was the seats air option. That thing is LOUD when it’s on high.

haha, when I picked mine up at the dealership I asked my salesman the same thing, I thought it was some sort of radio static :ROFLJest:

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure at 14k I've developed the wastegate rattle, but I'm pretty paranoid it is IWE, so I have toggled into 4A more than a few times to check it.

My truck has only been in the shop once, for an oil change - it has been flawless so far. Well, excepting the glove box rubber overlay warping. I do wonder what the problem % of G2 raptors is versus the average tho. I suspect we see more problem vehicles being that more people are online nowadays, and more likely to be vocal about issues.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
Lmao

Same thing drove me crazy in my wife's Explorer. I had all of the air turned off and I still heard fans running. I was like WTF are the fans still running for when I turned everything off, including the back vent controls. It took about a minute to figure out it was the ventilated seats. I always had the seat air cranked when I had my '12 FX4 and it was never that loud.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So drive about half the time in sport. Not too hard. Not too soft. For about 3 days, I was occassionally hearing a faint to medium volume 'clank' ever so often and mostly in sport. With all the problems posted on here.....I started running down the list mentally thinking engine, transmission, driveline, etc.....running with radio off, air off, windows up, windows down. Then once when it happened it sounded like coming from back seat. Next stop I found my first 'problem'....the Mrs. put two full wine bottles in the rear underseat storage container and put a towel over them....problem solved. Paranoid much?

Now that’s some funny stuff!