Painted Body Color Skid Plate Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rettags

Reaction score
Ill go with LF and if its fugly there is always plasti dip lol I can always ask the shop for a deal on the second one if I dont like the first one so we will see better to see both options :)

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Did you do anything with the rear?

Rear is also matched. Didn’t do any offsetting satin though, kept it all gloss. Picture quality is awful, but you get he idea. I have some carbon pieces to install, lights and maybe change the wheels for spring. But the exterior is fairly solid in OEM form.

942ee28f0058e78f456f705919e5d3f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh, I kinda like the contrast of the skid plate and the bumper. With that humongous front grill that is all black, and a black bumper, the front of the truck has too much black. Maybe part of the reason why Ford went lighter for the skid plate anyway.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are going to use your truck with stock suspension your skid plate will take a beating. On my first trip and the plate hit a few times and it had to go. The frame cut bumper plate wasn't safe either and that's now bent up a bit.

If you are going off road I would not paint these.

Attachments

• IMG_6394.jpg
    IMG_6394.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 209

Speedy_Thief

Reaction score
How does the bottom part of the bumper detach so it can be painted along with the skid plate?

I’m also wondering if the lower gray section on the bumper can be removed? The ETA for my truck is the end of this month so I’m trying to get things lined up to have skid plate powder coated to match the bumper.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are going to use your truck with stock suspension your skid plate will take a beating. On my first trip and the plate hit a few times and it had to go. The frame cut bumper plate wasn't safe either and that's now bent up a bit.

If you are going off road I would not paint these.

Yea my stock one had a few skid marks and bent a bit. It gave me some skid marks in the process... ended up getting another stock one of ebay for dirt cheap. I dont see the fascination with painting them as the stock color hides scratches the best.

Eventually im getting a bumper similar or the same as yours Clockton.