GEN 2 Paint protection film

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Homer Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many people are having the front end of their Raptor wrapped with a protection film to fight off rock chips, etc?

For those that have, how much have you had wrapped? Partial hood/fenders? Full hood/fenders?

Are your installers using a mixture of the shiny clear and like a matte or satin on fender flares and grill?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the partial hood and fenders done using the gloss and satin. I'm going to have the rest of the truck done because I'm getting a ton of desert pinstriping.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

Homer Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the partial hood and fenders done using the gloss and satin. I'm going to have the rest of the truck done because I'm getting a ton of desert pinstriping.

What parts were wrapped in gloss vs satin? Also I am in Mesa. Who did your install?

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dealer did the install. The hood and black part of the fenders is wrapped with gloss and the magnetic part of the fenders is wrapped in satin.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many people are having the front end of their Raptor wrapped with a protection film to fight off rock chips, etc?

For those that have, how much have you had wrapped? Partial hood/fenders? Full hood/fenders?

Are your installers using a mixture of the shiny clear and like a matte or satin on fender flares and grill?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full hood, fenders, headlights, mirror caps and rockers are the most common I have seen. I have seen a few trucks wrapped in gloss film and then the flares were wrapped in satin film and it definitely is a unique look. The entire truck wrapped in a satin film like XPEL Stealth looks amazing too!

jakeO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to 2 places and got a quote of $7500 for whole truck in Xpel stealth. hell a roll isn't even a 1/4 of that and labor could not be that much. Hell it's $364 for me to buy enough to wrap both rear fenders and tailgate. They said that they will not hand cut on the truck, Xpel is too tough. One company has a 60"+ plotter and couild cut it in house but still looked it up on Xpel per panel. I told them heck I would buy a full 60" roll and they can keep the rest. But... Both places wanted me to just vinyl wrap it for $2200

I want the truck satin black and gloss graphics. I need to find someone with a dealer account to order a full die cut set I can do the hood & from the doors back but need a pro for the front fenders and grill.

That or it might just get a Dip

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My local place was almost $1000 just to do the front most at risk portions of hood/fenders.

Crazy to me. I'll just do small touch ups IF EVEN needed.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U can buy the xpel fil and install it yourself some places sell the cut outs already cut for like 500$ , pretty easy install i did on my x5

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Suntek (both gloss [paint] and matte [bumper/grill/flares]) installed on the entire front bumper/grill and headlights; entire hood; partial front fenders; mirrors; about 1/3 of the front rear fenders (up to where the gas cap cover is) and partial fender flares (dark gray satin parts) both front and rear. If anyone is looking for a very talented installer in the So Cal area, Norbert Ibarra of Crystal Auto Shield is a true artist in PPF. He's been doing it for like 15-20 years and his work is very reasonably priced and exceptional. I had my little convertible done through Norbert, too. I'm going back hopefully in the next week or two and having him cover the entire fender flares (dark gray satin parts) front and back in the matte finish. Those flares seem like they are really susceptible to little scratches.

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Suntek (both gloss [paint] and matte [bumper/grill/flares]) installed on the entire front bumper/grill and headlights; entire hood; partial front fenders; mirrors; about 1/3 of the front rear fenders (up to where the gas cap cover is) and partial fender flares (dark gray satin parts) both front and rear. If anyone is looking for a very talented installer in the So Cal area, Norbert Ibarra of Crystal Auto Shield is a true artist in PPF. He's been doing it for like 15-20 years and his work is very reasonably priced and exceptional. I had my little convertible done through Norbert, too. I'm going back hopefully in the next week or two and having him cover the entire fender flares (dark gray satin parts) front and back in the matte finish. Those flares seem like they are really susceptible to little scratches.

Could you post pictures of what you've had done? :wink: