Paint chip to upper passenger door frame, at time of pick up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGONFLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This annoying little chip was one of 3 cosmetic problems i found on the truck at the time of pick up.
My sales guy told me they would take care of it with touch up paint. Which I can only imagine is applied with a fine paint brush, though I have no idea how its really applied.
The only other option is to repaint the entire door, and I'm not so sure that the dealership would pony up for that. Also this option would worrie me even more as I don't have much confidence in body shop paint fixes. I've heard that you could wined up with more problems than you went in with.
I would really like to hear on how you Raptor owners would handle this.
I can live with the quarter inch chip but should I persue in my mind a risky and time consuming fix.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just my thoughts
When I got my truck I looked everything over now a few years and usage
I have scratches on the back door frame from my dog loading up and a few other marks from her. Also, marks from using my truck. So at the end, if you plan to own the truck awhile, they become memories and battle scars. Good Luck

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my thoughts
When I got my truck I looked everything over now a few years and usage
I have scratches on the back door frame from my dog loading up and a few other marks from her. Also, marks from using my truck. So at the end, if you plan to own the truck awhile, they become memories and battle scars. Good Luck

Agreed. Have them touch it up and give you the remaining. It costs about $10 for the paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a buddy tell me years ago. Have something major, hood, door, fender painted when you sell or trade they will always think it was in a wreck.

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a Door repainted under warranty. Turned out great. My detailer corrected the paint and applied optic coat after a month and it looks great. Even the thickness of the paint matches the rest of the truck.

Go for the repaint if you are confident in their abilities.