Overheating at 500 miles need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onorap

Reaction score
Hi all , just bought my gen 2 raptor about a week and half ago . Driving from work to home and all the sudden the car alert engine coolant over temperature so I stop immediately on the side of the road . Call ford roadside assist and they are towing it to the nearest ford dealer . This makes me worried about a 70k truck . And no im not a harsh driver . Please help guys ,thanks .

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't drill a weephole did you.

Probably little fluid from the factory, or a air bubble, or a hose fitting came loose and you lost some fluid. Could even be a turbo seal or a heafgasket worst case scenario. Your coolant is pretty hot there, hopefully you got stopped in time before you cooked/warped something.

OP
OP
O

Onorap

Reaction score
8wood I haven't done anything to the truck yet . I'm guessing it's low fluid from the factory . I stopped immediately so I think nothing is harm , got panic for a minute but I'm ok now . Just gotta wait what the dealership say . Thank you

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Hopefully they’ll have you back on the road soon. It’s probably something simple that got overlooked, loose clamp or something.

fingers x’d.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sadly this kind of thing is simply normal... Don't sweat it... It's frustrating but it's under warranty. You should see the face of a man who just bought a 45million dollar jet and it has a MAJOR issues. Before anyone buys a new (or used) jet from me I tell them to EXPECT there to be issues, frustrations, etc. It sucks but it's just reality.

As mentioned let the dealer work it... Seems like it takes a year to work the bugs out of anything, especially a new model year anything.