Outstanding trade in value Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s amazing considering the rest of their product line is complete garbage
The rest is garbage, but I'd buy a Wrangler in a heartbeat if the price wasn't in the stratosphere (and that's both new and used, loaded or bare bones).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Jeep and dodge have been swapping last place on the least reliable list for some time. Not sure why some of the jeeps retain their value, because they are rough riding piles of garbage. Its a jeep thing, lol.
Buy the Wrangler for the body and frame and scrap literally everything else. Run 60's at each end, an LS under the hood, an NV4500 mated to an Atlas II behind that, and then your favorite flavor of flexy linked-up suspension, a new stereo, some suspension seats...you get the idea.

Which begs yet a better question: why can't we just but a late model Wrangler body and frame nowadays?

But I digress...this is a FORD Raptor forum after all.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]Buy the Wrangler for the body and frame and scrap literally everything else. Run 60's at each end, an LS under the hood, an NV4500 mated to an Atlas II behind that, and then your favorite flavor of flexy linked-up suspension, a new stereo, some suspension seats...you get the idea.

Which begs yet a better question: why can't we just but a late model Wrangler body and frame nowadays?

But I digress...this is a FORD Raptor forum after all.

I hope you mean Dana 60's? I am running 40's (with Dana 44's) and one of my rigs and that is plenty tall. I buy Sports, then mod them up. It is a great platform.

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you mean Dana 60's? I am running 40's (with Dana 44's) and one of my rigs and that is plenty tall. I buy Sports, then mod them up. It is a great platform.
Yes, those would be Dana 60s. Though, to save a few nickels the GM 14b full-floater is a great choice out back--once you shave that massive pumpkin, of course. But there are more gear ratio options for the D60. Can't imagine I'd go taller than a 40" tire on a Jeep, and only w/ minimal lift--pushing the front axle out as necessary to clear the firewall (I've built one of these things a thousand times in my head).

But anyway, yes, GREAT platform...and to the OP's point, ridiculous resale value.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a guy offer me 67k. Turned him down. I paid 64k. If I wanted to sell my truck I would want a minimum of 70k.

Whew, that'd be tough for me. I too landed at $64k out the door. If I was offered $67k today...still don't know I'd do it. Be tempting tho to hold off for a 2019. Not sure I could go that long, tho.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
I had a '12 Ram 1500 Sport before getting my Raptor. The transmission sucked in it but other than that it was a great truck.

Viper32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It had just under 5000 miles on it.

Lol on the Sasquatch comment.... Reading that crap is sort of what sparked me to come back here to post that.

Reason for trade was more along the lines of condensing down all my debt, rather than just to buy a Tacoma. But at least with the Tacoma, I’m still in a highly respectable 4x4 that will retain good value down the road. It’s never really about what you paid, it’s more about what you sell it for to find the actual cost of ownership. Raptor made me about $2K, so that’s cheaper than driving a $35000 Dodge Ram Tharp depreciates $8K in 3 days.

Paid $42800 for the Tacoma - $4K positive equity, so $38.8K I guess... I’m not going to complain about that. Less bills = a more comfortable retirement here in the next 2 years...

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Don’t know what more information you require....

Trade Raptor to cut payments and state you are retiring in 2 years, hmmmm

Last edited: