Outstanding trade in value Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bighaeb

bighaeb

Reaction score
... not to mention lost sales tax $$.

IF your trade in amount exceeds the price of the new vehicle, you don’t pay tax at all. true at least in most states.

I have not paid sales tax on my last 3 vehicles. And have been ahead every time, because I only buy vehicles that retain incredible value.. Raptor/JEEP/Toyota’s for the most part.

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IF your trade in amount exceeds the price of the new vehicle, you don’t pay tax at all. true at least in most states.

I have not paid sales tax on my last 3 vehicles. And have been ahead every time, because I only buy vehicles that retain incredible value.. Raptor/JEEP/Toyota’s for the most part.

Jeep ... lol they don’t retain shit do they ??!!!

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep ... lol they don’t retain shit do they ??!!!

You must have hit the liquor cabinet hard today, I just traded my 2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2 DR which I paid $21k for in 2006 for $13k against a 2017 4DR. Jeep Wranglers hold their value like a MF'r, other products in their line, less so.

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must have hit the liquor cabinet hard today, I just traded my 2007 Jeep Wrangler X 2 DR which I paid $21k for in 2006 for $13k against a 2017 4DR. Jeep Wranglers hold their value like a MF'r, other products in their line, less so.

That’s amazing considering the rest of their product line is complete garbage

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Grand Cherokee is pretty nice, the rest are shitbox Fiat's rebranded. I am not sure about the 2018 Wrangler yet, which is why I bought a '17.

I had a 97 Grand Cherokee that I should have gone the lemon law route with and (I didn’t learn my lesson the first time) a 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited that I actually did lemon law. I don’t know about their current reliability, but my experience was enough to keep me in Toyota’s until this year. Toyota has not kept up with technology and (just my opinion) their current tundra looks butt-ugly. So here I am a two Raptor owner, hoping that Ford doesn’t let me down on reliability. I have kept my 04 Tundra as a backup, just hedging my bets. That being said, the used Raptors that I have been seeing locally have been selling for pretty close to original sticker price and I have seen them with up to 25k miles on them (it went for 64k). Seems outrageous to me, but it also makes me happy being a 2 Raptor family!

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep and dodge have been swapping last place on the least reliable list for some time. Not sure why some of the jeeps retain their value, because they are rough riding piles of garbage. Its a jeep thing, lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts