Outstanding trade in value Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bighaeb

Reaction score
Thought I’d post this, just FYI for anyone’s out there that may be in a position to have to trade their Raptor in...

Just traded in a 2018 Supercrew 801A with original MSRP $61805. Paid slightly less than that, yet pulled off a trade value of $62500 towards a Tacoma TRD Pro.

Hope that helps clarify at least current day resale value for some of you...

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
tks bro, that's really super informative :jawdrop:

Last edited:

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why why u make that trade, couldnt have that much money. TrD pro is what 45k, diff spread out over loan life is minimal. Hope u enjoy it, each tjere own.

derise

Reaction score
I had a guy offer me 67k. Turned him down. I paid 64k. If I wanted to sell my truck I would want a minimum of 70k.

RapTrap

Reaction score
Thought I’d post this, just FYI for anyone’s out there that may be in a position to have to trade their Raptor in...

Just traded in a 2018 Supercrew 801A with original MSRP $61805. Paid slightly less than that, yet pulled off a trade value of $62500 towards a Tacoma TRD Pro.

Congrats on the new rig. How many miles were on your G2 at the time of the trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bighaeb

bighaeb

Reaction score
It had just under 5000 miles on it.

Lol on the Sasquatch comment.... Reading that crap is sort of what sparked me to come back here to post that.

Reason for trade was more along the lines of condensing down all my debt, rather than just to buy a Tacoma. But at least with the Tacoma, I’m still in a highly respectable 4x4 that will retain good value down the road. It’s never really about what you paid, it’s more about what you sell it for to find the actual cost of ownership. Raptor made me about $2K, so that’s cheaper than driving a $35000 Dodge Ram Tharp depreciates $8K in 3 days.

Paid $42800 for the Tacoma - $4K positive equity, so $38.8K I guess... I’m not going to complain about that. Less bills = a more comfortable retirement here in the next 2 years...

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

tks bro, that's really super informative :jawdrop:

Don’t know what more information you require....

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Just like ADMs, resale is location dependent. I assume most Ratpors in your area had $10k to $20k markups last year. So still a significant depreciation hit for the typical buyer in your area.