GEN 2 Ordering question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed a order for a raptor 2/3/17. When I was there I was talking with sales guy about trucks in general. They said they had just ordered a f350 platinum and the day after I ordered mine a f 150 platinum do these affect when you get your raptor built.? Granted I know the 150 and raptor are made on same line and 350 is else where but how does that effect the dealers orders ?

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed a order for a raptor 2/3/17. When I was there I was talking with sales guy about trucks in general. They said they had just ordered a f350 platinum and the day after I ordered mine a f 150 platinum do these affect when you get your raptor built.? Granted I know the 150 and raptor are made on same line and 350 is else where but how does that effect the dealers orders ?

Here is some reading material for starters:

The Ordering Process: The Ford ordering process explained from start to finish

Tracking your new Order: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/tracking-your-new-order-%96-step-step-faqs-51142/

OP
OP
Mapleman

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've read that already just haven't seen anything on the subject I've been reading for months on here.

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've read that already just haven't seen anything on the subject I've been reading for months on here.

OK, well you probably know about some of the things that will affect your order: Just for starters there is:
Allocations (without one, there is no order)
Dealer's order priority (which order he wants pulled first, etc.)
Availability of Commodities ('17 example: Carbon Fiber)

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, well you probably know about some of the things that will affect your order: Just for starters there is:
Allocations (without one, there is no order)
Dealer's order priority (which order he wants pulled first, etc.)
Availability of Commodities ('17 example: Carbon Fiber)

There can be an order without an allocation but it will dictate whether they will actually get one or not. A dealership can order as many Raptors as they please but that doesnt mean they will get any of them without their official allocations.

For example my local Ford dealer had 3 allocations but ordered 5 "just in case" and said "the chances of us getting the last 2 are slim to none".

OP
OP
Mapleman

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm priority 12 and they have received 1 and 1 on order. And it's a 802 with carbon and bead locks. So I'm hoping mine will get built first. 801a extra cab.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, congrats on the truck!

Second, this is somewhat disheartening... I ordered mine about a month after you ordered yours (mid-November), and mine still hasn't even been scheduled. No beadlocks or CF on mine, so that reason is out the window...

OP
OP
Mapleman

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No maybe I wasn't clear. The 802 is with carbon and beadlocks in front of me. I ordered a 801 with few options. And the guy with the 802 doesn't want to remove any options.