Ordering 801a Friday - Questions!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a18 screw 801A ,I didn’t want to spend 70k mine was under 60k
My options
4.10 diff
Bed lights
Tailgate step
Twin panel moon roof (the wife wanted it)
Navigation
Remote start
I really like the tailgate step,the 801A doesn’t come with the slow release tailgate
I ordered the parts online for $42 to covert it to slow release ..
What I dont like is the 801A comes with black rubber door handles,side view mirrors and tailgate handle ...802A are painted....
Also the 801A doesn’t come with the embedded modem...
I’m gonna look in having one installed if possible
You can start your truck from your smart phone...
I work in NYC I would like to have my truck warming up when I get off the train in the dead of the winter....

THIS...Sounds exactly like my truck, also 801a and I added the slow release tailgate shock as well. Out the door tax, title and tags included for $59,670. Shop around, there are dealers that will sell at or very near invoice, not MSRP. Oh yea, tailgate step is worth every penny, and is a way better design than the one that was on my Gen 1.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went 801, with Torsen and few other things, the bedliner was just easier to have it done when delivered. The step is awesome, I am getting older and this truck is not low. Got teh SYNC connect so when I land I can start my truck, starting my truck from the house, I didnt care. I need to start my truck from a 1/2 mile away when its midnight and 10 degrees. I dont miss anything the 802 has that I didnt get.

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FTFW1RG1JFA12607

whan

Reaction score
I didn't do step - if you're planning to add a tonneau it's pretty useless.

I did 801a screw, ruby red, 360 camera + mirror upgrades, front limited slip, remote start, and I did get spray in liner. May not quite be as durable as linex but will be more than enough for just throwing gear in the truck under a tonneau

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I did 801a screw, ruby red, 360 camera + mirror upgrades, front limited slip, remote start, and I did get spray in liner. May not quite be as durable as linex but will be more than enough for just throwing gear in the truck under a tonneau

Not entirely true about the step and tonneau. I have a retrax, use my step all the time.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since you are ordering try and find a dealer under msrp. I'm 1k over invoice and with the build below I'm at a hair under 60k before taxes.
Blue scab
802a
Carbon interior
Orange Trim
Rear step
Bed extender

Stickers you can do aftermarket for much cheaper as you noted. 2k for them is ridiculous.

OP
OP
dannym2009

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having a hard time finding a dealer around me that will offer any money under MSRP. Where do I need to go to order one at $1k over invoice? I'd travel across the country if i need to for that deal!

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

as kandewinn noted...I also don't understand this comment. Had step and Bakflip on my Gen1 and used both all the time. I don't get the connection? Have it on my 2018 too and will be adding tonneau shortly. I wouldn't buy a Raptor without the step...the new one being all internal is much better than the Gen1.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Tonneau without the step and wish I had the step. It was an error on my part when ordering as well as reviewing the order before it went in. I didn't catch the omission until it was too late.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am having a hard time finding a dealer around me that will offer any money under MSRP. Where do I need to go to order one at $1k over invoice? I'd travel across the country if i need to for that deal!

Zook Motors Kane Pa