Ordering 801a Friday - Questions!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordering an 801a Screw on Friday and have some questions that I can't quite find answers for in my search. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

1. 4.10 TORSEN diff - should i add it? Seems like a no-brainer for $500, but wasn't sure if there were issues or anything like that that come along with it.

2. Graphics - I wan't the hood and bedside graphics, but I can get graphics that looks better IMO and are cheaper from Rappy Graphics. Considering ordering without and adding them right away...

3. Spray-in Bed Liner - I have read that Line-X is better and cheaper, do I leave the option off and have it Line-X'd along with the frame?

4. Wheels - I think I prefer Methods over the OEM beadlocks, so do I order with normal wheels and order Methods on 35" RTs and put them on right away and sell the stockers?

5. Tailgate step - Would I ever use it? Never had the option, really don't think I need it nor do I want a heavier tailgate...

6. Remote Start - I'm planning to add SYNC Connect, so I don't think I need remote start since I will be able to start it off of my phone, but it almost seems like a no-brainer for $195 in that case that I don't have service...

Definitely ordering BLIS w/ 360 degree camera, LED box lighting, mirror spotlights, SYNC Connect

Tretiak30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordering an 801a Screw on Friday and have some questions that I can't quite find answers for in my search. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

1. 4.10 TORSEN diff - should i add it? Seems like a no-brainer for $500, but wasn't sure if there were issues or anything like that that come along with it.

2. Graphics - I wan't the hood and bedside graphics, but I can get graphics that looks better IMO and are cheaper from Rappy Graphics. Considering ordering without and adding them right away...

3. Spray-in Bed Liner - I have read that Line-X is better and cheaper, do I leave the option off and have it Line-X'd along with the frame?

4. Wheels - I think I prefer Methods over the OEM beadlocks, so do I order with normal wheels and order Methods on 35" RTs and put them on right away and sell the stockers?

5. Tailgate step - Would I ever use it? Never had the option, really don't think I need it nor do I want a heavier tailgate...

6. Remote Start - I'm planning to add SYNC Connect, so I don't think I need remote start since I will be able to start it off of my phone, but it almost seems like a no-brainer for $195 in that case that I don't have service...

Definitely ordering BLIS w/ 360 degree camera, LED box lighting, mirror spotlights, SYNC Connect

I spent a couple months researching what my needs will be and what options will work best. Ultimately, I think the 802a package is worth every penny, the conditioned seats will make it worth it... trust me.

1: yes, just because.
2: $2000 for some graphics that cost them maybe $2 in parts and labor is not worth it. I just can’t fathom the insane up charge for some stickers, I also think it looks like shot with it.
3: I thought about skipping the factory line-x but if you don’t get it you don’t get the ford logo in the bed and I was always worried line-x would do it wrong or get it somewhere it shouldn’t be, it made me paranoid so I went with the factory liner.
4: stocks, that’s what I did since I will be getting methods as well.
5: it’s a tall truck and the step will change the way you get in and out of the bed, seriously for $400 it’s worth it.
6: yes because if you get the sync connect, then you can get the “fordpass” app and start your truck from anywhere in the world and see fuel levels and other vital info. It’s pretty cool.

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are you getting an 891a if considering those options it’s literally like less than 2k diff to get the 802a and the graphics are the biggest ripoff going. Tailgate step is very nice and line x will cost more than the ford spray in liner

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
Torsen/remote start/mirror spots/box lights > standard on Canadian 801
86_edited_fdafa38e9ad9c53e1a4a6105d9dda4cc2c6c9017.jpg

OP
OP
dannym2009

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get the 801a with the options I want for right at $60k, if I go to 802a it will be $65k. I truly don't think I can justify $5k for nice to haves...

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Torsen/remote start/mirror spots/box lights > standard on Canadian 801
86_edited_fdafa38e9ad9c53e1a4a6105d9dda4cc2c6c9017.jpg

Very nice truck! Any regrets with the 801?

Billybob454ss

Reaction score
I bought a18 screw 801A ,I didn’t want to spend 70k mine was under 60k
My options
4.10 diff
Bed lights
Tailgate step
Twin panel moon roof (the wife wanted it)
Navigation
Remote start
I really like the tailgate step,the 801A doesn’t come with the slow release tailgate
I ordered the parts online for $42 to covert it to slow release ..
What I dont like is the 801A comes with black rubber door handles,side view mirrors and tailgate handle ...802A are painted....
Also the 801A doesn’t come with the embedded modem...
I’m gonna look in having one installed if possible
You can start your truck from your smart phone...
I work in NYC I would like to have my truck warming up when I get off the train in the dead of the winter....

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get the 801a with the options I want for right at $60k, if I go to 802a it will be $65k. I truly don't think I can justify $5k for nice to haves...

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Damn I paid 62,300 for my 802a with tailgate step spray in liner and hard tonneau cover

BudTX

Reaction score
I went back and forth between the 801a and 802a before I ordered mine.

I went with the 802a. It was worth it to me.

I added Line-X afterwards. I much prefer the Line-X product.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Sure you can, you’ve justified 2k stickers already! :Stupid Me: