Orange Seat Trim Resale Value

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to derail my own thread, but I just found out the Orange accent Raptor has hail damage. They said most of the dimples have been fixed, but there is still some additional work to be done. sigh....

Their price is at MSRP, but there are several other dealers in my area who have non-damaged Raptors for MSRP.

Is it worth going to look or should I just pass on the Orange trim hail Raptor! :mad:

Don't do it, I wouldn't buy a new vehicle (especially at MSRP) with any damage, repaired or not.

Not really a fan of the orange accent package either. Do like the upgraded dash materials, and was wondering (as I haven't seen one in person) how substantial the faux suede is? I have a 2017 GT350 with the faux suede steering wheel and seats and it's not wearing very well. Just something to consider, if it's only a small area that doesn't get heavy use, you'd probably be OK. I'm replacing the steering wheel on my GT350 as it's already wearing and will likely have new leather seat inserts done as well. Perhaps expand your search a bit and check more Raptors...but get what YOU want.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replies on the hail-damaged Raptor! I told them I would pass on their truck, even if it was below MSRP.

04SSHD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since my truck is still pending a VIN in the order system I actually just added the Orange trim to my build and here's why. At first I wasn't a huge fan of it. When I saw a truck with it at the NY Auto Show I was sold. It's not just swapping the grey trim for orange. The panels next to the colored trim are changed to Suede. ALL of the stitching in the truck is changed to orange thread instead of black. This give a REALLY nice contrast to the interior where as the black stitching looks ok, but the orange looks great! The stitching also carries onto the steering wheel leather, and instead of the red center mark you get an orange one. Also the door panel inserts are orange, glove box insert, and the center console cover as well.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since my truck is still pending a VIN in the order system I actually just added the Orange trim to my build and here's why. At first I wasn't a huge fan of it. When I saw a truck with it at the NY Auto Show I was sold. It's not just swapping the grey trim for orange. The panels next to the colored trim are changed to Suede. ALL of the stitching in the truck is changed to orange thread instead of black. This give a REALLY nice contrast to the interior where as the black stitching looks ok, but the orange looks great! The stitching also carries onto the steering wheel leather, and instead of the red center mark you get an orange one. Also the door panel inserts are orange, glove box insert, and the center console cover as well.

The stitching was the main reason I went with the orange accents.

wipit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the orange seats are fine with black or white exterior. But the accent orange on a LB, Magnetic, Silver, Red, etc. looks terrible IMO.

Not true on the magnetic, its great with orange accents to the exterior

mcallister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my truck in LF with the orange accents and I love them along with the suede bolsters. To me the gray interior in just too bland and after owning/ seeing the orange I personally would never buy one without them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up with a truck with orange accents. I wouldn't have ordered it that way, but right truck with the right options at the right price.

Funny thing is one of the first comments most people make when they see my truck is how much they like the orange accents. It looks far better in person than it sounds. And after getting used to them, regular interiors look so bland.

Only ~10% of Raptors come with orange accents, so it is a unique option and could actually make the truck more desirable for those that want it because it is so hard to find. Worst case is you don't list it when advertising and most people will like it when they see it in person.

I ordered mine with the orange accent package. That was a must have for me. For the $750, there's a lot of stitching detail that I think gives it a more premium look.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered mine with the orange accent package. That was a must have for me. For the $750, there's a lot of stitching detail that I think gives it a more premium look.

Seems like a Lot better value then 995 for just a little bit of carbon

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like a Lot better value then 995 for just a little bit of carbon

You almost have to get the CF if you get the orange accents. Otherwise you get a weird shade of orange in the door handle inserts and that DOES look ugly imo.