Orange Seat Trim Resale Value

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have narrowed my search down to two Black 2018s, one with standard seats and one with orange accents. I am not opposed to orange seats on a black Raptor, but they are not my first choice. (ie. I prefer the standard color seats)

I am wondering if orange trim seats will affect my ability to sell the truck down the line. If I am concerned about them, I know other like-minded buyers would have to make the same decision. in some cases, my truck would not be considered at all due to the orange accents.

Let me know if you would buy an otherwise perfect black Raptor, if it had orange trim on the seats.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The resale should be just fine, people will buy the raptor either way I don't think it would raise the price, but it definitely shouldn't lower it.

Lots of people actually prefer the sportier look inside of the performance truck.

I'd worry more about what you want!

Good luck, I daily a 2013 I got new and have gained almost 110,000 miles. I also occasionally drive a loaded 2018 leadfoot and trust me you'll enjoy it. Fantastic trucks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the two trucks had the same options, I would pick the standard seats. However, the orange accent truck has several additional items I want, as well. It has the tail gate step, the heated rear seats and the non-black wheels.

For those who have seen it in person, are the orange seats exactly the same as the gray trim seats? It almost looks like the bolster material next to the trim is different on the orange seats, like a suede feel.

From the Ford Build site, it also looks like the steering wheel "red" notch is orange. Is this correct? (Could just be the picture)

Last edited:

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I would prefer not to have the orange seats. The stripe is orange, not sure on the seats but I'm pretty sure they are the same. That being said the options equips would be more important to me. You can always swap seat leathers, I've seen a few new takeoffs in grey on eBay for a reasonable price I was thinking about grabbing for later on in its life.

NES431

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the orange accents and love them. It is a sport truck after all. MHO. The material between the seating surface and the bolsters is a black micro-fiber. Additionally, the interior trim pieces i.e. around parts of the center console are brushed aluminum as opposed to plastic. The steering wheel sight line strip is orange. Hope that helps. P.S. like waddellw says, get what YOU like and don't worry about resale.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the orange seats and while it was not my first choice, I really like it. The carbon fiber looks great as well. I would say it should not impact your resale value at all, and might help.

Yes, the centering stripe on the steering wheel is orange as well. It really looks a lot better than I expected.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think resale value won’t be affected by the orange accent. I’m not crazy about the orange but I definitely wouldn’t pass on a truck that had it. Personally I think exterior color is more of a factor than anything else. I like the look of a black car, but I would never own one as it’s such a pain to keep up/clean.