Opinions on getting sunroof or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm on the fence about getting a sunroof in a new scab or not. I did a search and see there are some issues reported from some members in here. Didn't seem like too many though. Is it nice to have and mostly problem free or just a source of a pain in the ass down the road? I plan on keeping it a long time. Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited:

Kjc

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't care how long you keep a vehicle resale should always be a consideration and I would think sunroof would be highly desirable in the resale market. Not to mention it's a nice feature. Love mine!!

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't care how long you keep a vehicle resale should always be a consideration and I would think sunroof would be highly desirable in the resale market. Not to mention it's a nice feature. Love mine!!

I mentioned keeping it a long time because I don't want it if it's leaky/rattles/problem prone.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe how much time is spent discussing the sunroof on FRF.

The panoramic sunroof is awesome to look out of even if you don't open it up.

And as for leaking, I'm on Raptor #2 and I've never seen them or any other sunroof I've had leak. I think sunroofs get bad press - a lot of talk about leaking with little evidence of it.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have one, I like it. Got one on my 2016 Ford Escape also, no issues with it with nearly 60k miles on it so far. Last year was also one of the wettest winters we've had in a long time, no leaks.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will you have the Starbucks Raptor or the Offroad Raptor?

If you are going to have it for a long time I wouldnt worry about resale on that option.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search hard enough you'll probably find issues on everything with the whiney peacocks around these forums lately. That said, I've never heard of a single issue that anyone has had with the moonroof option. If you're concerned, buy an extended warranty from Flood Ford ESP. I rarely open mine and usually keep the shade closed as it's quieter and less glare...but it is nice to bring in light occasionally...and on resale, many won't touch a truck without one. Others may argue it destroys the structural integrity and shouldn't be on an offroad truck. Bottom line, do what you want and think for yourself.

Wolff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tend to dislike sunroofs so I didn't get it on mine. More than anything what drove me insane was on my G1 was the gap between the shade and the glass panel. The crack of light in that small gap. I believe they rectified this on the G2 with the new design.

However I am still glad I omitted it from my truck. It won't change resale that dramatically IMO in a few years so do what you want you like/can afford

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I ordered it. It’s cool. Cool to show off but I barely use it. It will add resale as others have said. Another reason I got it is because the roof on my Ram has a ton of dents in it and seems the glass holds up a bit better

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really? Another topic on this? Use the SEARCH button.

That being said, again, I ordered mine without. I don't give a shit about resale value, I bought what I want for me, not the next person in line. I had one in my 2012 and opened it once in 5 years, just to make sure it worked. I skipped it on my 2018 as I'd rather spend the money on rims, tires, bumpers, things important to me.

Last edited: