One Amazing Capability Ford Doesn't Highlight About the F-150 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncrapt

Reaction score
Did you know that most performance vehicles these days come with tires with sidewalls that cannot hope to handle normal potholes or broken pavement. The Raptor can.

https://www.torquenews.com/1083/one-amazing-capability-ford-doesnt-highlight-about-f-150-raptor

The Raptor has 35-inch tires, but just 17-inch rims. That leaves nine glorious inches of sidewall to tackle ruts, holes and rocks in the off-road truck world. In my world, it means you can drive over roads that would tear the end off of a normal car and just giggle as you roll on.

Reference: Torque News

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm convinced Ford built the Raptor exclusively for Michigan drivers, then word got out nationally...

You desert folks for should be jealous... Southwest terrain ain't got shit on MDOT, lol.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm convinced Ford built the Raptor exclusively for Michigan drivers, then word got out nationally...

You desert folks for should be jealous... Southwest terrain ain't got shit on MDOT, lol.

So true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you know anything about off roading you know about the BFG A/T KO's and how good of a tire they are at most everything. One of the best all-around on and off road tires

smoothie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That IS amazing. They should do a commercial where a Porsche 911 and a Raptor both go over a pothole, and the Porsche gets a flat tire.

Everyone watching will be like "No Way,,,,," and they can have that Mayhem dude fade in and say "Yes Way..."

I am surprised they haven't marketed this better.