GEN 2 Oil leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my first oil change over the weekend, and while I knew the drain plug is plastic, I wasnt expecting the oil pan to be as well. Since this was the first time under the Raptor, I am very impressed with how much thought went into the design of the under side of the truck. I checked for any signs of fluid leaks and thankfully I couldnt find any.

A few owners have had issues with oil leaks and coming from the general location of the oil pan? Did dealers confirm the exact location? Wondering if its the design of the pan, defective molding, or just not tighten the bolts?

I am not concerned about the durability of the Polyamide pan, I know they are designed to support the weight of the engine and tranny, and takes a lot to break it, just wondering if the weeks are coming from the pan and what might be causing it.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was under my truck today looking around and saw evidence of a small oil leak. I'm going to keep an eye on the situation and take it in within the next couple weeks. It doesn't look like much of a leak, but it has to be addressed. Will update after I take it in.