Oil Change (Flash back to Stock?) and MPT Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it comes time to take my truck back to the dealership for the oil change(they gabr me a couple free one's for my last fuel gauge issue)...do I need to flash back to stock for the oil change or can i leave it as it is for just an oil change and tire rotation?

Is it a good idea to always flash back to Stock when at the dealership for any type of issue...

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have always flashed my Gen 1 back to factory when I take it for an oil change or when I do the annual state inspection. Others on this forum say it is not necessary and it may raise a red flag because they can see how many times the PCM has been flashed.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. It's unnecessary and furthermore if there's any real issue with a little digging they can tell by recorded key cycles that the ECU had been recently flashed.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it a good idea to always flash back to Stock when at the dealership for any type of issue...

Yes, the number one reason to flash back to stock is the dealer may flash the PCM if they see an update for your truck. If the dealer does this while you have a tune loaded your Turner will no longer work on your truck. Most places charge about $200 to set the tuner up again.

OP
OP
T

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it when i get both answers...but i'll continue to flash back to stock if i ever need to see the dealership....just to be safe.