OEM Tonneau cover, removable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbdave

Reaction score
Looking at buying a truck that comes with the hard foldable tonneau cover.

I can certainly see times when it would be useful, like family trips, where I'll have a bunch packed in the back. But for the most part, I'd rather it not be there. Is it easy to take off, and put back on when needed? I know I could always leave it folded up, but I think most of the time I'd rather it just not be there.

Thanks!

ace75

Reaction score
If I were you, I'd stick with the backflip. I have the oem one and the latching mechanism isnt as easy to use, and also, the last section doesnt flip up, so the very front of your bed will be harder to reach. Also, the oem sits above the bed rails, whereas the backflips sit flush for a cleaner look.

OP
OP
S

sbdave

Reaction score
If I were you, I'd stick with the backflip. I have the oem one and the latching mechanism isnt as easy to use, and also, the last section doesnt flip up, so the very front of your bed will be harder to reach. Also, the oem sits above the bed rails, whereas the backflips sit flush for a cleaner look.

Are you sure the OEM doesn't fold all the way? A got a PM and the user seemed to say that it does fold all the way up. Although, I just watched a video, and looks like you are correct.

Last edited:

ace75

Reaction score
Yeah, I have the factory bed divider as well and if I mount it towards the front, I cant really get to anything in front of the divider because of the bed cover.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

On a separate note, I highly recommend the factory spray on bed liner. It's a very thick high quality coating. Much thicker than the linex that I got locally for my gen 1 raptor.