GEN 2 OEM Electric Tail Gate Lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before. If the vehicle is locked will "they" still be able to steal the tailgate? Just wondering if it's work buying an aftermarket lock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But can they remove the backside panel and undo it?

VicSalinas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure are theres always ways those fkn thieves will try and take whats isn't theirs. I know it doesnt help much in a public situation like parked out in a parking lot somewhere, but in my apt parking garage i always back that bitch up as close as i can to the wall lol

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But can they remove the backside panel and undo it?

I don't have the answer but that's one reason to invest in a hard tonneau cover; it will prevent anyone from accessing the backside of the tailgate.

OP
OP
T

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the answer but that's one reason to invest in a hard tonneau cover; it will prevent anyone from accessing the backside of the tailgate.

Thanks I want a retrax but after spending the coin for a nice down payment it's hard to justify right now. Already got the Shock Security System and the Rimlox

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I want a retrax but after spending the coin for a nice down payment it's hard to justify right now. Already got the Shock Security System and the Rimlox

Completely understand. I ended up getting a TruckGear by Line-X bedcover (which is just a re-badged BakFlip F1) for around $750. It was a little cheaper than some of the alternatives but has a lifetime warranty so I went for it.

Do you live in a dangerous area? Seems like you are going above and beyond on security measures...

OP
OP
T

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Completely understand. I ended up getting a TruckGear by Line-X bedcover (which is just a re-badged BakFlip F1) for around $750. It was a little cheaper than some of the alternatives but has a lifetime warranty so I went for it.

Do you live in a dangerous area? Seems like you are going above and beyond on security measures...

I live in Houston and anything can happen due to how large and diversified we are. Just don't want to wait till it's too late