Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Oct build movement?

This is a discussion on Oct build movement? within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by bdub85 The ordering process is absolutely terrible. But the truck is worth the wait trust me. Damn, ...

User Tag List

Like Tree575Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2017, 06:42 PM   #521 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by bdub85 View Post
The ordering process is absolutely terrible. But the truck is worth the wait trust me.

Damn, that's my truck. 4 months and still waiting to get a VIN/build date. And (when I actually get pulled) will probably have to forego the bead lock wheels if the rumors are correct. Waiting...

gneissday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:45 PM   #522 (permalink)

does it come in shmedium?

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)

Originally Posted by TKS View Post
I hope you don't run a business, because if you treated customers like this and could not put yourself in their shoes to see/feel their perspective (saying it is "petty"), you would be out of business soon.

I run a few businesses. Do I run my company this way, no. I also understand distribution and operation of factories. My point is, Ford has been Ford for as long as I can remember. They aren't sitting back playing backgammon, they are fixing issues on trucks they found had problems before they left the factory. Would you rather have your truck first and have to deal with this after? They found out what the problem was and fixed it on the production line first to keep operation efficient. They then go back to the trucks that were built first and have them retrofitted with the fix. It's not rocket science. You wanted to have the first of the first. Maybe you should have waited for the wrinkle to be ironed out of production a month or two and you would have your truck. The reason Ford doesn't care what you or any of the complainers say is because they answer to shareholders and not the 2000 Raptor owners that waiting for trucks. They aren't going to lose money holding up the production line so you can get your truck before the guy that ordered it after you. Thats why I think it's petty that you are on here bitching about not getting your truck first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
bstoner59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:52 PM   #523 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
Darin,
Is the survey the best way to voice our frustration? I notice others emailing, but what do you suggest as the best way? I don't really expect any results, but it couldn't hurt. I see trucks built before and after mine delivered, and getting word that my ETA was pushed back to February has really frustrated me today (If you couldn't tell).
If you don't have your truck yet go to this link and use one of the contact methods.

https://corporate.ford.com/contact-us.html

If you do have your truck use your first survey.

I honestly don't see Ford doing anything for the crowd that has waited for trucks but this may help improve situations like this in the future. May help us or it may help the next guy but either way everyone needs to voice their opinion to Ford.

They want to know and they NEED to know. They do make changes from the based off the voice of the customer.
SJRaptorG2 and Bassman like this.
03'Darin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:11 PM   #524 (permalink)

Raptor just showed up at the dealer. No one at FB or PF new it left the plant.
I will be picking it up tomorrow!!

About time!
Attached Thumbnails
image1.jpg   image2.jpg   image3.jpg  

Old 01-12-2017, 07:21 PM   #525 (permalink)
TKS
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Originally Posted by bstoner59 View Post
I run a few businesses. Do I run my company this way, no. I also understand distribution and operation of factories. My point is, Ford has been Ford for as long as I can remember. They aren't sitting back playing backgammon, they are fixing issues on trucks they found had problems before they left the factory. Would you rather have your truck first and have to deal with this after? They found out what the problem was and fixed it on the production line first to keep operation efficient. They then go back to the trucks that were built first and have them retrofitted with the fix. It's not rocket science. You wanted to have the first of the first. Maybe you should have waited for the wrinkle to be ironed out of production a month or two and you would have your truck. The reason Ford doesn't care what you or any of the complainers say is because they answer to shareholders and not the 2000 Raptor owners that waiting for trucks. They aren't going to lose money holding up the production line so you can get your truck before the guy that ordered it after you. Thats why I think it's petty that you are on here bitching about not getting your truck first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You are still missing the point. It was ready to ship on 12/17. That is the issue. Ship the damn thing and don't have a FILO process. Let me put it in more elementary terms for you...

You go to a restaurant and order your meal. They found they messed up your order before they deliver it. They remake your meal. Correct order/meal is made and sitting under the heat lamps. Meanwhile, someone else comes in and orders after your meal is done. They order the exact same meal. They get theirs delivered to the table to eat while you are still waiting for the server to pick up your meal under the heat lamp and deliver to your table. If you get upset for having to wait a lot longer, is that "petty"?

I get it, Ford is a big company. We should assume they do things operationally efficient. However, with customers knowing they are FILOing shipments, feedback/frustration should be expected.

For you to say those of us are "petty" to feel this way is stupid. We can feel how we want to feel if we believe we have been "wronged". Maybe with your 5,000+ posts you just like to stir the pot, post stupid comments, and occupy your day on your iPad.
TKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:30 PM   #526 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by 03'Darin View Post
If you don't have your truck yet go to this link and use one of the contact methods.

https://corporate.ford.com/contact-us.html

If you do have your truck use your first survey.

I honestly don't see Ford doing anything for the crowd that has waited for trucks but this may help improve situations like this in the future. May help us or it may help the next guy but either way everyone needs to voice their opinion to Ford.

They want to know and they NEED to know. They do make changes from the based off the voice of the customer.

No response from the CEO but my GM said he asked the Ford rep to contact the transportation section and ask about my truck and see if we can get a timeframe for shipment. I just keep waiting....
italianhound303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:40 PM   #527 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Buddy who delivers raptors sent me this. At rail yard in Houston he is bringing to dealer tomorrow wait is almost over.

10.23 build ordered July 29

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TKS likes this.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:23 PM   #528 (permalink)
Full Access Member

What dealer you buying from
Alexjrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:45 PM   #529 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Justtoph View Post
Raptor just showed up at the dealer. No one at FB or PF new it left the plant.
I will be picking it up tomorrow!!

About time!
Congrats on the truck. Same thing happened with mine, still said in transit the day that the dealer called me and said it was in. I will say the wait was more than worth it.
Jmythehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:46 PM   #530 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Legacy Ford Rosenberg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk