Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Oct build movement?

This is a discussion on Oct build movement? within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Ordered my truck Aug 2, truck was built on Oct 10, sat on the famous ramp 59 with all the ...

User Tag List

Like Tree575Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2017, 10:02 PM   #501 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Ordered my truck Aug 2, truck was built on Oct 10, sat on the famous ramp 59 with all the other misfit toys. Last update was on Dec 12 when it said in transit, been in transit ever since, no other updates when i check. Tuesday my salesmen calls me and says, trucks here, when do you want to pick it up. I don't even know if Ford knows where the trucks are half the time, but i'm glad mine finally made it. BTW mine was the second one the dealer had received.

Jmythehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:05 PM   #502 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Jmythehead View Post
...Tuesday my salesmen calls me and says, trucks here, when do you want to pick it up...
Congratulations!!

Last edited by J.Bodolay; 01-12-2017 at 06:12 AM.
J.Bodolay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:54 AM   #503 (permalink)

does it come in shmedium?

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)

I'm not sure why everyone is shocked? This was obviously going to happen. Just be happy they found the issue before shipping the trucks out. All you guys complaining about ordering yours first and not having yet would be beyond pissed if your trucks broke. There would be threads all over about Ford allowing subpar trucks out of the factory. They are in a lose lose with guys like you that are never happy so they will do whatever they can to not make national headlines and avoid recalls. Even with all of your letters going to Mark Fields

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
smurfslayer likes this.
bstoner59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:23 AM   #504 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by bstoner59 View Post
I'm not sure why everyone is shocked? This was obviously going to happen. Just be happy they found the issue before shipping the trucks out. All you guys complaining about ordering yours first and not having yet would be beyond pissed if your trucks broke. There would be threads all over about Ford allowing subpar trucks out of the factory. They are in a lose lose with guys like you that are never happy so they will do whatever they can to not make national headlines and avoid recalls. Even with all of your letters going to Mark Fields

It's not shocking that Ford found an issue and spent months trying to get it worked out - that's fine. The problem is they violated the business rule of "keep all relevant stakeholders informed". I don't believe there'd be but a fraction of the frustration if Ford would've managed expectations by providing detailed information - or allowing their dealers access to that information - to say "this is what we're doing to your truck and we expect it to take X amount of time - sorry for the delay." The lack of common courtesy towards the customer is what makes me angry - but now I'm happy that my truck's ETA is between the 17th & 23d.
TKS likes this.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:46 AM   #505 (permalink)

Your Wife's Personal Trainer

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Originally Posted by bstoner59 View Post

spoken like a guy that is not getting a Gen 2. My issue is NO communication from Ford, how about telling customers what is going on? shit happens, I get it. Just tell me, now the whole why my truck isnt built yet when I ordered July 28th?
TKS likes this.
warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:03 AM   #506 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The ordering process is absolutely terrible. But the truck is worth the wait trust me.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:33 AM   #507 (permalink)

does it come in shmedium?

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)

Originally Posted by warrior View Post
spoken like a guy that is not getting a Gen 2. My issue is NO communication from Ford, how about telling customers what is going on? shit happens, I get it. Just tell me, now the whole why my truck isnt built yet when I ordered July 28th?

I've seen this play out with my first 3 Gen 1's. I don't play this order game for this exact reason. I've ordered 1 vehicle in my life and it will most likely be the last. If/when I get my Gen 2 I will pick one up off the lot on a moments notice like every other car I've purchased.

Ford couldn't communicate the release date, the day the order banks opened or anything else on the front side and you expected everything to all of a sudden be crystal clear once the orders were placed? I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Originally Posted by bdub85 View Post
The ordering process is absolutely terrible. But the truck is worth the wait trust me.

That's my point. Sit back, relax and the truck will get there. They aren't going to cancel your order if Ford has it built. In 5 months this is all going to be forgotten

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
bstoner59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:16 PM   #508 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Well, so much for my ETA.... My ETA of 1/19 - 1/25 has now been delayed until FEBRUARY 5!!! Already disappointed about my truck sitting there for 2 1/2 months, and now when I get an ETA, they disappoint me again by delaying it even further. You would think that they would at least try to be somewhat accurate with the ETA's, given that we have been hanging on every little update for months. I have been very calm up until this point, but pushing the ETA back 2 more weeks has severely pissed me off today. I sold my old truck last week, based on the original ETA (and thinking it might show up sooner than the ETA, like some have here on the Forum). So, now I'm sitting here with bass tournaments starting in a few weeks, no truck to pull my boat, and no telling when my imaginary Raptor is going to show up.

Sorry, had to vent....

Released for shipping 12/9,re-released 12/17, ETA TBD
Bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:22 PM   #509 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I traded my 2014 on October 24th for a built truck with ETA of November 12th. Now it's January and still no truck. Hard to be to mad at my dealer. They're stuck just like me. 3 months without a truck is a pain. But should be here any day so I just have to wait.
theBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:26 PM   #510 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Originally Posted by 03'Darin View Post
You didn't hurt anybody. If anything you are doing people a favor. Ford wants to hear the customers feedback, good or bad. They request us as a dealer to get email contact info for every customer we sell. Ford finally realized 20 years ago that they need to listen to the consumer who is buying their product. They don't always do something but they frequently do. I've had Ford call a couple customers regarding suggestions they made about vehicle improvements or changes. Most recent change that I saw happen most likely driven by customer input was putting the front interior grab handle back on the F150's. I actually had customers not buy a new tuck because they didn't have the grab handle. I told everyone that complained about it to mention it on their next survey. Low and behold 2015 the grab handles were back on the trucks again.

As mentioned..... keep us posted please
I’ve kind of stuck up for Ford here more than not because I believe they unearthed one or more issues in the early trucks that caused them to hold them back. Obviously, this screwed up ordering vs. delivery customer expectations quite a bit. I can see where the target audience here are enthusiasts, not your run of the mill ecocline driver. When you look at it in that light, I think Ford ought to look quite a bit critically at the Ford Performance vehicle buying process front to back. I know we’re not buying Bentleys here, but there’s a whole lot of room for improvement.
smurfslayer is offline   Reply With Quote