Oct build movement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well Darin, I probably just ruined it for everyone but I just emailed the CEO of Ford Motor Company, Mark Fields, and explained to him my issue. I feel like the early builds should have been the first to hit the roads and subsequent buyers should be waiting like we have been. My biggest concern is the depreciation of my trade-in vehicle and the lack of communication Ford has provided their pending Raptor owners. I can't wait to see if I get a response from him, another Ford person or just plain ignored. Either way, Ford has just sent my Raptor to the crusher, if it every existed lol

You didn't hurt anybody. If anything you are doing people a favor. Ford wants to hear the customers feedback, good or bad. They request us as a dealer to get email contact info for every customer we sell. Ford finally realized 20 years ago that they need to listen to the consumer who is buying their product. They don't always do something but they frequently do. I've had Ford call a couple customers regarding suggestions they made about vehicle improvements or changes. Most recent change that I saw happen most likely driven by customer input was putting the front interior grab handle back on the F150's. I actually had customers not buy a new tuck because they didn't have the grab handle. I told everyone that complained about it to mention it on their next survey. Low and behold 2015 the grab handles were back on the trucks again.

As mentioned..... keep us posted please

ldhacker

Reaction score
I was just told by FS my 11/16 build has an ETA of 01/24. I decided to call Ford retail and gave them my case #. They said ETA is 01/18 thru 01/24.

Delmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Monday I received an ETA of 23JAN; today the details populated on the dealer locator - even though my window sticker says CONVOY, the truck is shipping by RAIL - with delivery between the 17th and 23d.

Can't wait to join the G2 Raptor owners' club!

20174x4

Reaction score
I'm still amazed at all the ETAs people are being given. I would have loved to track it every step of the way but since it showed up unexpectedly I can't complain. I still stick to my advice to you all that your dealer could call tomorrow if your FS status is "awaiting shipment" today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Darin, I probably just ruined it for everyone but I just emailed the CEO of Ford Motor Company, Mark Fields, and explained to him my issue. I feel like the early builds should have been the first to hit the roads and subsequent buyers should be waiting like we have been. My biggest concern is the depreciation of my trade-in vehicle and the lack of communication Ford has provided their pending Raptor owners. I can't wait to see if I get a response from him, another Ford person or just plain ignored. Either way, Ford has just sent my Raptor to the crusher, if it every existed lol
I wrote to him too about 10 days ago for the same exact reason. No reply. I didn't expect him to reply, but I would expect his assistant to route it to someone. They should know their logistics team did a ****-poor job making the early builds sit after they were released on 12/17. Just ordered an Armada SL for my wife instead of an Expedition Limited to replace my current Expedition Limited. Ford may be arrogant with Raptor, GT, Focus RS, etc., but I have seen many posts where people are justifiably pissed and will not buy Ford when they aren't "in love" with the vehicle. They got me with Raptor, but I will be voting with my wallet and it will take a lot for me to buy Ford again.

italianhound303

Reaction score
I wrote to him too about 10 days ago for the same exact reason. No reply. I didn't expect him to reply, but I would expect his assistant to route it to someone. They should know their logistics team did a ****-poor job making the early builds sit after they were released on 12/17. Just ordered an Armada SL for my wife instead of an Expedition Limited to replace my current Expedition Limited. Ford may be arrogant with Raptor, GT, Focus RS, etc., but I have seen many posts where people are justifiably pissed and will not buy Ford when they aren't "in love" with the vehicle. They got me with Raptor, but I will be voting with my wallet and it will take a lot for me to buy Ford again.

Yea I am not expecting a response, I honestly wanted to understand why it is taking so long. I read in one of the forums that a guy ordered a custom G2 on the 2nd or 3rd of Jan and it was delivered today. WTF!

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I am not expecting a response, I honestly wanted to understand why it is taking so long. I read in one of the forums that a guy ordered a custom G2 on the 2nd or 3rd of Jan and it was delivered today. WTF!

My 15 October build was without a release date. Last week on the 2nd, and then again on the 6th I emailed Mike Levine asking about the "No Delays" comments he made about Raptors. Magically, I now have a published release date of 06 January. Maybe a coincidence, but I'm glad now that I sent him my VIN with a polite request for info on the "No Delays" situation.

"Ramp 59: First In, Last Out"

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do you have a link for this?

italianhound303

Reaction score
Do you have a link for this?

Yea it was in the "BUILD DATE TO DELIVERY: Fastest turnovers." Page 5, written by uppitycitizen and they stated, "Build date was last week Jan 4th. Delivered to dealership today (Jan 10). Very impressive. I did opt for the bedliner."