Oct build movement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Backwoods

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So mine was built 10 days before yours, released 7 days after yours, and hasn't shipped yet...

Makes perfect sense.

Whatever the logic/process--- may it happen soon!

Exactly.... there is no logic. We just drive ourselves nuts trying to figure it out. My kids said to me last night, "Dad, don't you always tell us that we need to be patient." I sent them to their rooms.

Delmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same update today as past few months - at Ramp 59 - hasn't budged since October 23d. Meh. Wish we knew what was holding them up and when they'd start moving out!

Last edited:

HUFN8OR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of today, text from dealer shows my truck in Pine Bluff, AR. Another 448 Miles closer to Houston in two days! At this rate, it should be here in another two days!

Only problem is, they did confirm it is coming (so far) via train, so who knows how much additional time may be added for car switches, rail yard holds, or transfers to one or multiple semi carriers for the final voyage.

At least it's showing progress!

UPDATE:

Yesterday (12/15/16) the Dealer traced my truck to Hearn, TX. Another 415 mile journey from the prior locate in Pine Bluff, AR.

Today I went by the dealership to start on some paperwork and they informed me that it was at the holding yard in Spring, TX (big auto holding lots up north of Houston for all makes), and that they were requesting a Hotshot bring it in over the weekend.

Hoping to have it at the dealership and ready for pickup either Monday to Tuesday!

A few side notes:
1) This dealership already received and sold one stock order allocations two days ago at $10K over MSRP in 20 minutes of receiving it, and had another stock allocation in make ready while I was there waiting for a guy to pick it up.

2) Due to the rail travel, a car fanatic friend of mine (and the dealer agreed) told me to request to NOT have the dealer Prep or Make-Ready the exterior. They said that they get "rail dust" which is fine iron filings on the paint, and some $10/hour Make-ready guy will wash the car and get swirl marks in your nice new truck. I'm having a detail company come and Clay Bar my Raptor at my house once I get it home.

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a complete shit show for ford performance. This is what transpired today with ford performance FB...

Can you please check on my VIN for me???

1FTFW1RG6........

THANKS!!!!

Can you also let me know why my friends raptors was built 12/6 and is being delivered 12/23 TO THE SAME DEALER AS MINE!!!! Why in the hell is mine still sitting waiting for transport. Something does not smell right!!! I think my truck was damaged or something is wrong and Ford is not saying anything. I own a construction company and have 67 Ford super duties and just bought a 17 F450 platinum. This is NOT sitting well with me. Ford really screwed up on this one... ESPECIALLY ON A $71,000 PLUS FREAKING F150!!!! Please ask a supervisor to explain this logic to me because I'm not believing the story anymore...

FORD FB...

Hey, Rob! I understand this is frustrating; please know that nobody else on our end will be able to offer any additional information. I'm not showing any updates in our tracker for your Raptor; it has been released into awaiting shipment, but is still at the plant. I'm not seeing any holds or reasons to worry; with specialty vehicle such as this one, there can be additional quality checks, especially with the first built, which can cause delays. You're welcome to check with your dealer for more information.

Rachel

Me again...

I have checked with my dealer and they are scratching their heads too. I think someone at the Ford plant wrecked my truck or something happened and that's why it has not been released. I'm going to miss out on my 179 tax deduction this year because someone at Ford did something to my truck. I have a 16 GT350 and did not have this much problems getting that and that was a first year run. I'm a die hard ford customer, but I can say that this experience has definitely put a bad taste in my mouth...

From ford FB...

Please know that if something had happened to your truck, your dealer would have been contacted regarding it, and let you know. I’m not seeing that in our tracker at all. As I said, there are generally additional quality checks for the first builds of new models, and yours isn’t alone. There are others that haven’t shipped out yet either. Please feel free to check back any time for an update.

Rachel

TOTAL [emoji817][emoji817][emoji817][emoji817][emoji817][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zhammy3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Additional quality checks lol. Oh but the ones built a month later don't need them..... what did you find that needed fixing and taking this long???? Like wtf ford. Take care of the customers that bought a 70k truck blindly from you first.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Info from another forum claims that it was "A vendor part that had to be replaced. Minor enough not to worry about it if you buy one that was repaired, but Ford wasn't taking chance with it breaking on a customer."

Guy says it is not the transmission flash that everyone else claims although that could play into it as well.

Zhammy3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really think they need to explain or come clean to what it is. As I'm debating on dropping the order and just waiting and ordering another at a later date. It's already past the date I needed it by. all in all. It doesn't matter to them though. It will still sell regardless if I buy it or not.

Last edited: