Observation regarding the shifter stock...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayw1128

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just took delivery of the 2018 Raptor. Read the manual and tried to study how everything functions.

One thing I realized about the shifter stock... there are no indicator by the shift stock to tell you which shift you are in (I.e. Park, reverse, neutral or manual).

I understand that there is an indicator in the dash, but just find it to be awkward (for me at least, that there isn't one by the shifter)... I find myself always shifting into M when I want to go to Drive and having to double check in the dash all the time.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just took delivery of the 2018 Raptor. Read the manual and tried to study how everything functions.

One thing I realized about the shifter stock... there are no indicator by the shift stock to tell you which shift you are in (I.e. Park, reverse, neutral or manual).

I understand that there is an indicator in the dash, but just find it to be awkward (for me at least, that there isn't one by the shifter)... I find myself always shifting into M when I want to go to Drive and having to double check in the dash all the time.

after a couple of days your hand will build a memory of where D is. not to worry.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My 2017 has the P,R,N,D & M beside the shifter. Not sure about the 18. It lights up to show what position you have it in.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just squeeze the detent long enough to get it out of park, then pull straight back and let it stop on its own (in Drive). I don't physically squeeze the detent the whole time. You can move R-N-D (in that order) without having to squeeze the detent.

Mistacheese

Reaction score
What burnout said. Let go of detent as soon as you start moving the shifter. It stops automatically at D and wont go into M until you press detent again.

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 has the P,R,N,D & M beside the shifter. Not sure about the 18. It lights up to show what position you have it in.

Both of our 18’s have the illuminated shifter position indicator on the drivers side next to the bottom of the shift lever.