Numerous Faults upon Startup Today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Went to drive my truck this morning and it started up like normal but then immediately got the folliwing:

• Wrench Icon
  • Collision Warning Not Available
  • Traction Control On
  • Hill Start Assist Not Available

Additionally, I got a notification from Ford Pass for:

• Collision Sensor Fault
  • Hill Start Assist Fault
  • Supplemental Restraint Fault
  • Powertrain System Fault
  • Hill Descent Fault

I first shut down and restarted and got the same messages...

I did see if it would drive and it would but I couldn't go more than 2 mph so went around the block and back into my garage, shut down and restarted and everything worked normally. Ended up driving it to work normally.

Thoughts?!

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A possible cause would be a disconnected MAF sensor. Checking and cleaning that is something I do every oil change. It is an easy thing to check off the list as you debug the issue.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Went to drive my truck this morning and it started up like normal but then immediately got the folliwing:

• Wrench Icon
  • Collision Warning Not Available
  • Traction Control On
  • Hill Start Assist Not Available

Additionally, I got a notification from Ford Pass for:

• Collision Sensor Fault
  • Hill Start Assist Fault
  • Supplemental Restraint Fault
  • Powertrain System Fault
  • Hill Descent Fault

I first shut down and restarted and got the same messages...

I did see if it would drive and it would but I couldn't go more than 2 mph so went around the block and back into my garage, shut down and restarted and everything worked normally. Ended up driving it to work normally.

Thoughts?!
Did you install a JMS or any tune on it?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you install a JMS or any tune on it?

No Tune...

I did a few FORScan changes a month ago. Also put a Pedal Commander on it also a month ago. No issues prior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Remove the pedal commander and call JMS. They've had a bunch of similar problems. I had the exact same issue with a pedal commander and Boostmax installed.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A possible cause would be a disconnected MAF sensor. Checking and cleaning that is something I do every oil change. It is an easy thing to check off the list as you debug the issue.

Remove the pedal commander and call JMS. They've had a bunch of similar problems. I had the exact same issue with a pedal commander and Boostmax installed.

ehhh, not sure a MAF sensor is related to Jet's faults. He doesn't have boostmax so JMS isn't involved.

Jet, it could just be electrical gremlins. Mine threw a "BLIS malfunction" code upon startup a couple of times, but BLIS worked perfectly with no issues each time.

I'd check for the burning harness just to be sure, but otherwise, just drive it and see if it happens more regularly. If not, I wouldn't worry too much and just keep driving.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
PedalMax is made by JMS. I removed both and sent them back after throwing multiple codes including throttle codes.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

I meant to say PedalMax. Not pedal commander.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PedalMax is made by JMS. I removed both and sent them back after throwing multiple codes including throttle codes.

Pedal Commander is different than PedalMax

It could be a lot of things, in the regular F150 forums you'll see this due to some sort of electrical gremlin, half the time it's fixed the other half not so much

Remove everything and take a video if it happens again

It can be a serious issue, sometimes people lose the truck completely while on the highway, all displays shut down, loss of power, etc

The dealer won't believe you, as it doesn't throw codes so they will not see it when they go to explore

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jet, for sure check the wiring harness on the exhaust. Just in case!!!!