No Ecoboost Badges, Sound, or Under Hood Pics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black6

Reaction score
I know that it's a pre-production truck, but...

1. Anyone see Ecoboost or Ecobeast badges on it anywhere?

2. Anyone see under the hood?

3. Does anyone have video of it running/at start up?

Most of this is probably a "no" because much of the engine and exhaust is still in development and testing.

Not that the badges are a big deal. 2010 Raptors with 5.4 and 6.2 didn't have door badges... but

Ford is so proud of the Ecoboost... I was kind of surprised to not see badging on the doors. Was it on the black of the hood?

I'm a betting man, and I'm going to start betting folks that the Gen 2 Raptor won't make it through a production cycle without a V-8 being offered in some form... especially with Ram hinting that they're going to release either an updated Power Wagon or a new off-road truck tomorrow.

richwoodrocket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe they're embarrassed...
Or maybe they really are putting the ecoboost engine in it for now but will be calling It the ecoboost when it comes time for production. Remember, they probably are keeping info from us about the engine choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Oh shit, are those all different IPs? (I forget the term)

I don't think so, but I'm not in that new fangled internet technology business, so I couldn't tell you for sure.

MTGOAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a strong feeling that Ford is simply testing the waters. the Ecoboost V6 has been a guess for a long time, and it helps their economic standings as a manufacturer for EPA regulations... yadda yadda yadda

My thought is that the EB V6 will be a standard option, and they will still have a V8 available. probably not the 5.2L flat plane that is in the GT350, but maybe something along those lines.

not sure why they would drop the 6.2 though. I personally want to see a "eco boost 6.2" it would make the truck that much more "efficient" if that is their concern while providing us with the heart pounding V8 that we all know and love.

I dig the new look, but unless I have the same displacement or larger, I will be sticking with my first generation raptor :)