Nitto Ridge Grappler vs BGF KO2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motorsports_3

Reaction score
I want to go with something more street friendly than my Trail Grapplers and Pitbull rockers on my other toys.

What is your guys opinions on the Ridge Grapplers and the KO2s. I am leaning towards the Ridge Graps. Thinking of 20's as well.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had both. The Ridge Grapplers will be more than streetable enough for you. Very quiet and smooth. The KO2s are even quieter and more street friendly- meaning better in the snow and ice due to additional siping.

I don't have a lot of miles on my Ridge Grapplers yet (about 6K miles), but I feel like the KO2s wear more evenly with less need for rotations. They are both great tires though. The more aggressive tread pattern of the Nittos looks good on a Raptor, but I think the trade off comes in the winter, and in how evenly the tread blocks wear long term. I'd buy the Nittos again if I had to choose now.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to go with something more street friendly than my Trail Grapplers and Pitbull rockers on my other toys.

What is your guys opinions on the Ridge Grapplers and the KO2s. I am leaning towards the Ridge Graps. Thinking of 20's as well.

I was in the same dilemma, I switched my order from K02, to ridge, back to K02. Reason why, I heard the Ridge while very quiet still has a small hum. One of the other member made mention of this to me and I listened to a truck for myself. Tire looks great and everything but the K02 is slightly quieter. In other regards I don't know if it performs. I am on the road a lot so quiet is what I want.

t2w

Reaction score

I've got the ridge grapplers and have about 7k miles on them on my gen 2. great tire. aggressive tread pattern, they handle almost anything well (on and off road) and i have zero hum on mine (i drive nearly 70 miles/day for work so I'd def notice it if was present).

You can't go wrong w either tire above but I'd go w the nittos again. Only caveat is that weigh about 10lbs more each per tire which will kill any MPG aspirations you may have had lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my ridge grapplers on now for almost 4k miles. I had the KO2's for ~3k miles. I could not tell a difference in tire hum or on road performance between the BFG and Nitto at all. I have heard that the Nitto has a way higher tire life than the BFG, so that may be something to consider as well for you. I never did take the BFG's offroad, but I have taken the Nitto's offroad and they do awesome for everything I've thrown at them.