New Raptor owner...just purchased '17.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GNice4U

Reaction score
Hi all,

Super happy to join the ranks of Raptor owners. Picked this baby up for my birthday on Friday. I absolutely love it. And since it was '17 w/ just over 600 mi I even got it for just a hair under MSRP.

BTW, I know it is a $1,000+ option but I am going to have my dealer remove the Raptor graphics option. Call me crazy, but it is not my style and I just don't like it.

Anyway, super excited and look forward to hanging out with you all!

G

Attachments

• IMG_0999.jpg
    IMG_0999.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1002.jpg
    IMG_1002.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0994.jpg
    IMG_0994.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 101

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats!:biggrin:

Give the graphic some time...it may grow on you.

I think it works with the darker colors on Gen 2 trucks. Mine is black and I never had the Gen 1 graphic on my '13 as you couldn't really even see it on the Gen 1. The Gen 2 graphic has more graphite color to it so it stands out more on the black and I assume it does as well on the Magnetic metallic.

Can you post a better pic of the rear fender to see? Can't recall seein a graphic on Magnetic before, but that could be just me.

You can check www.raptorfinder.com to see how may trucks were built with this configuration (Metallic with EG).

Again congrats, and thanks for joining/posting.

Update: 1,937 total 2017 Magnetic Raptors, of which 1,757 were SCREWS and just 626 with EG (Exterior Graphics)...366 with non-beadlock wheels...

Last edited:

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I agree I'd wait on the removal. Magnetic prob hides the graphs the best. I wouldn't order them but idk if I'd remove

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck! I have a black one and a magnetic drive next to me the other day...it's a sinister looking truck when tinted dark.

I have the headlock wheels for sale without tires if you wanted them. Same tires on your truck now so you just reuse them.