GEN 2 New Owner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmacfn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey all

So i purchased a 2018 raptor which arrives the end of this month.

I was wondering what mods people have done which are common and useful?

What issues have people with the 2018 seen so far?

Any thing i should know? I have been reading the forums for a month but there isnt alot of the 2018 year it appears.

Thanks all I am excited to get the damn thing after all this waiting! Im going from a 2014 GMC 2500 Denali diesel to this so should be quite a change!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF !

I think the most common thing we’ve seen on the ’17 and later trucks has been the leaky oil pan. It isn’t always surfacing at delivery, so keep an eye out for it.

First mod I did was an amped subwoofer in the factory sub box, huge difference. Pedal Commander, and some lights behind the grill.

Watch out for @Guy, he will spend a lot of your money if you’re not careful :)

By far the best ‘mod’ is going to Raptor Assault. They’re full for this year, but when they open back up for ’18, you should go.

OP
OP
mmacfn

mmacfn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will do!
@smurfslayer which sub did you go with as a replacement?

I read a little about the pedal commander but does it make that much of a difference?

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations

1. You'll want to disable the auto/start stop. Theres a couple ways.

2. Check your tire pressure before you drive off the lot. Theyve been known to be overly high.

3. Drive that bitch

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Will do!
@smurfslayer which sub did you go with as a replacement?

I read a little about the pedal commander but does it make that much of a difference?

pedal commander improves throttle response, especially with the truck in “normal” mode. it’s a little box that plugs in between the throttle connectors, altering the signal sent to the throttle. Stock, the Raptor in normal mode drives around with the throttle response best described as slow. The Truck’s sport mode improves this and keeps Rpms above about 1900. Pedal commander can make normal mode tolerable, but it still jumps into 10th by 40mph. If your long term plans include a tune, boostmax or similar, a pedal commander is probably not money well spent as you’ll end up replacing it.
But, if you’re staying stock or close to it, P/C will dramatically improve throttle response. We have several FRF Supporting Vendors who sell them.

I have thread in the g2 audio subform ‘added a sub’ illustrating how to do the sub, box etc for the Sony system. Not sure if the B&O is significantly different. I used the Kicker 8” sub, good for 300w mono, @Guy did a pioneer 8” sub at I think 250 w. I also had great results wrapping the sub enclosure in dynamat.