GEN 2 New owner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mbling52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad to say I will be joining the raptor family this coming summer. I'm currently trying to decide between magnetic and oxford white for color options, and will be going with the 802a package.

As of now my plan is to go with the magnetic grey with the stock cast aluminum rims. Once the truck is ready, I plan on tinting front windows then swapping the wheels with possibly some bronze beadlocks, maybe some methods or something? and also doing a radar scanner installation, and new sound system (given any ford ive ever ridden in has a shit sound system I dont have high hopes for the raptor). Don't need anything too intense for a sound system, just something with a bit more kick to it. After I get all of that sorted out, if I have some money left over i'm also looking to install some fogs and possibly a light bar or two, as well as a wrap. trying to keep things simple.

will be sure to keep everyone updated with pics and info along the process!

I should be putting in the order sometime in the next few weeks I imagine, but was wondering how long it typically takes from the time an order is put in and the time it is delivered.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad to say I will be joining the raptor family this coming summer. I'm currently trying to decide between magnetic and oxford white for color options, and will be going with the 802a package.

As of now my plan is to go with the magnetic grey with the stock cast aluminum rims. Once the truck is ready, I plan on tinting front windows then swapping the wheels with possibly some bronze beadlocks, maybe some methods or something? and also doing a radar scanner installation, and new sound system (given any ford ive ever ridden in has a shit sound system I dont have high hopes for the raptor). Don't need anything too intense for a sound system, just something with a bit more kick to it. After I get all of that sorted out, if I have some money left over i'm also looking to install some fogs and possibly a light bar or two, as well as a wrap. trying to keep things simple.

I should be putting in the order sometime in the next few weeks I imagine, but was wondering how long it typically takes from the time an order is put in and the time it is delivered.

Welcome to the forum. Your last question is a sore subject as some people are still waiting for their July 2016 orders. Really. Yours will probably be 2-4 months. Look seriously at ones that are sitting on lots as it will save lots of time and you can find deals if you're willing to travel. Go to www.raptorfinder.com for help with that.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Congratulations on your decision! Either color will deliver you a great looking truck. On the ordering question, that is highly variable. Highly. Early orders were the messiest--I'll be very close to 9 months if my ETA is accurate next Monday. However, the process has greatly improved as time has gone on. If you're thinking of ordering in the next few weeks, you should be thinking of it as a 2018 model year order; order banks open a little later than your timeline, May 15. Talk to your dealer to get some testimony on an ETA, but if I were ordering, I wouldn't expect to see it until August, possibly September. Or later, who knows.

Good luck to you!

sher-bant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi.

Where do you live?
What color do you plan on doing the wrap in? I'm tempted to wrap my avalanche grey. I just did my e92 m3 and it looks awesome. I'm sold on vinyl.

As far as getting a Raptor, good luck. If you're serious and don't like to wait, you need to hunt one down. Find one as close to what you want and make it happen. So long as you're doing the wrap color shouldn't matter too much. Locate one, be ready to pay 5K over MSRP, and pull the trigger.

Post pics!

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your decision! Either color will deliver you a great looking truck. On the ordering question, that is highly variable. Highly. Early orders were the messiest--I'll be very close to 9 months if my ETA is accurate next Monday. However, the process has greatly improved as time has gone on. If you're thinking of ordering in the next few weeks, you should be thinking of it as a 2018 model year order; order banks open a little later than your timeline, May 15. Talk to your dealer to get some testimony on an ETA, but if I were ordering, I wouldn't expect to see it until August, possibly September. Or later, who knows.

Good luck to you!

That is a great point. If he orders a 2018 it could easily be next year when his is delivered. The 2-4 months I mentioned is only probable if he goes for a 2017.

Every time I think about how the allocation system works I get mad even though mine is sitting right outside.

OP
OP
Mbling52

Mbling52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi.

Where do you live?
What color do you plan on doing the wrap in? I'm tempted to wrap my avalanche grey. I just did my e92 m3 and it looks awesome. I'm sold on vinyl.

As far as getting a Raptor, good luck. If you're serious and don't like to wait, you need to hunt one down. Find one as close to what you want and make it happen. So long as you're doing the wrap color shouldn't matter too much. Locate one, be ready to pay 5K over MSRP, and pull the trigger.

Post pics!

I go to school in Montana, but am from Seattle. We've been through our local dealership a fair amount of times and so we've befriended most of the guys that work there, and figured it'd be nice/easier to go through them and give them the business. Only thing is there is no sales tax in Montana so we're trying to figure out a solution to avoiding that if we can, as it will save quite a bit of money in the long run.

As far as the wrap, I'm not sure yet. I would like to do a snow camo kind of style which we had lined up for our wakeboat - super cool geometrical snow camo which my brother designed - but I would also like to do something a little more exotic which hasn't been done a million times. My buddy owns a print shop so it saves a bit on the vinyl costs. I don't see myself getting the money to do the wrap until a bit after the car comes so that's why I'm still caught between the white or grey. Only concern with grey is that if I get black rims and black tint it may be too dark...we'll see...

I'll look into the raptor finder which someone else linked in the previous response - we'll be buying two I believe so it'll be a stretch.

Lanabat

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Mbling52 and seriously good luck with your order.

I'm surprised that there are dealers with 2017 allocations left at this stage. Why would there still be allocations when there are still hundreds if not thousands of allocations not even picked up the be built yet?