New Mods/old equipment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abrax01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, in my infrequent trips home, I've been able to do a single mod, that being the aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI. Now I'll be doing a front and rear bumper swap (ADD Honey Badger w/winch) and wheel/tire swap (18" Fuel Crush wheels w/ Nitto Ridge Grappler tires, -1 offset). Question is, I've got all this spare gear lying around, do you all just sell it, or hold onto it for a time in case you need it?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
it really depends on whether or not you have the space for it. If you don’t, then you’re going to end up tripping over it figuratively until it’s gone.

Another thing - mods are almost never helping your resale value. if you do a trade or sell outright. Most cases it’s best to pull the expensive mods off, sell them and truck separately.

OP
OP
A

Abrax01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am aware of that of the hit to resale value it will take without original parts but I don't have the room and was curious as to what other people are doing with their bulky extra parts when they mod the truck.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’d like to be able to say I sell them at discount prices to keep the clutter at a minimum.

But that would just be a lie. I’m a pack rat. I know the day I sell the part I took off is the day before I will find a need for it. More often than not I find a better way to store spare parts or a better place to store them.

I would like to be less of an OEM take off parts bitter clinger, but will need some help to get there for sure.

I do get rid of some stuff, but not as much as I should.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now I'll be doing a front and rear bumper swap (ADD Honey Badger w/winch) and wheel/tire swap (18" Fuel Crush wheels w/ Nitto Ridge Grappler tires, -1 offset). Question is, I've got all this spare gear lying around, do you all just sell it, or hold onto it for a time in case you need it?

I was able to sell my Gen 1 factory wheels/tires and bumper/skid plate quite easily on Craigslist. I got $1100 for the wheels/tire and $200 for the black painted front bumper/skid plate.

I used to save all of my factory parts to give to the new owners. After several buyers did not want them, I started selling the items I felt I could make money and pitching the rest. (ie. Factory mufflers, air filters, etc. got tossed) If I cannot make at least $100, it is really not worth it for me to place the ads and meet the buyers at my house, etc.