New Delivery Prep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

surfnsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm purchasing a 2018 Raptor from a dealer back east and having it shipped. The dealer sent this following:

How would you like us to complete the new car prep process? Some guys don't want us to touch anything outside of taking it out of transit mode (leaving all plastic on the inside and outside of the vehicle). Others want us to take it on the typical new car prep process which includes a 5 mile drive.

It is a senior Ford technician that will be doing the prep. However you want me to do it I'll proceed.

Thoughts and/or experiences?

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always opt out of any prep... I just prefer to do it myself. Got mine right off the carrier with all the plastic on it... 4mi on the clock

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Oh. And "senior techs" don't typically do dealer prep... maybe he ment a "senior citizen" working there .

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ive worked at a few dealerships. I can tell you technicians do not do "test drives." This is done by the porter/detailer. Usually a 18 yo kid. Id do it myself. Make sure to check your psi and lug nuts.

bendensez

Reaction score
The porters at my dealership damaged three of my fender flares on my ‘18 with a harsh chemical. I inspected it as it came off the transport truck and they were fine with pictures to prove. I made the mistake of letting them detail it and had to make them replace the three flares. Fortunately, they did so without hesitation...

As far as the test drive goes, it wasn’t a porter, but a guy that only does prepping, which is checking over the vehicle for imperfections, checking hose clamps, etc. I went on the drive with him. The loop was only a couple miles.

I would be cautious on both. Clean it up yourself and any thing the “prepper” would find, you can find and have your local dealer address.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
I chose not to have the dealer prep an Explorer Sport I bought for our family crap hauler. In hindsight I wish I would have as I didn't catch a few paint problems. I would have chosen another car before realizing it had 3 distinct factory paint blemishes. Since you're having it shipped however, I'd leave all of the various plastic and shipping wraps on the truck for its travels to you.