new delivery miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has zero miles build date 1/22.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

pottkotj

Reaction score
10/20 build. Had 39 miles on it. Using BlueDriver OBD2 Scan Tool, I see 3 hours idle. I also see that they cleared the same power train error that I am currently seeing at 22 miles.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brand new 65k+ truck and you are having to spray paint it? seriously? man, i would never excuse that, that is a factory defect and a coating issue IMO.

I'm not painting. I'm going to guess it's surface rust (under carriage) and can be knocked off with a little TLC I would guess. Apparently, this is very common on all new F150's.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not painting. I'm going to guess it's surface rust (under carriage) and can be knocked off with a little TLC I would guess. Apparently, this is very common on all new F150's.

It is common. I talked to my dealer and he said they have f-150s that get delivered in July and they look like that. It just surface rust on the differential and axle tubes that don't have a lot of paint on them. I wire brushed and painted mine matte black, just because I have looking at the rust when I'm under the truck working on it, but it sure won't hurt anything.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Mine had 99 miles on it when I took delivery of it today....build date 11/07.

I assume that's why so many trucks have been delayed for so long. Logistically how do they put so many miles on these trucks? There were apparently thousands of built trucks waiting for shipment, and almost all of them seem to have 50-100 miles. So a tech has to go out, find the truck, recalibrate the trans, drive it for 2 hours or so and clear it to be shipped? WOW! That's gotta take 3-4 hours per truck and if there were 5000 trucks that's 20,000 labor hours.....at least. Crazy