New dad... Stupid question!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911Monte

Reaction score
What's everyone using for car seats who have a SCREW? I know Britax has car seats that work with the inflatable seat belts.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
New to the forum and figured this is the place to ask a question...

I'm picking up my new Raptor Monday when it hits the dealership (wife thinks Im going to run errands LOL), and I just looked at the digital window sticker.

I'm picking up a Raptor because a car seat renders my GT350 useless which is why my 1.5 yr old Shelby only has 5k miles on it.

The Raptor should be a cool enough "dad" vehicle but when I looked at the window sticker I realized it has the giant sunroof option.

Is the giant sunroof option going to put the sun right in my lil buddies eyes the whole time I'm driving around??? I mean hes literally facing the roof of the car. Is the glass pretty tinted or am I going to have to have to put something on there to block it out?

Like I said this is probably a dumb question but I figured you guys that already have your trucks might be able to offer up some input.

Thanks

Get it limo tinted, you will have zero glare and still use it. I do it on all my personal cars trucks.

04SSHD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's everyone using for car seats who have a SCREW? I know Britax has car seats that work with the inflatable seat belts.

I have half a dozen Recaro Car seats spread around a bunch of cars at home.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My little girls prefer the shade open and all the windows down......

Attachments

• 20171216_124939.jpg
    20171216_124939.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 26

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My little girls prefer the shade open and all the windows down......

Man, the last warm day we had, i side a guy in a Mustang GT convertible with his dog harnessed in the back seat

epically hanging his head out the side, ears flapping in the wind. That dog also knew he/she was in a ‘cool dad car’.

I’m lucky if Henry Tudor doesn’t drool a quart of slobber all over my interior and exterior if the windows are down. He’s an average traveller at best and man I did not appreciate how hard dog slobber is to clean up.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice choice, about the part where "your wife think's you'll be out running errands"...hope she's not expecting you to arrive in a new minivan ;) Cool choice and welcome to the forum!

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Definitely not a dumb question and you've got some helpful answers here.

I'd recommend not only getting tint on the sunroof, but go with a ceramic film so when you want the light, but not the heat, you'll have a quality heat-rejecting film up there as well.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have the same thing in mine. My youngest is a little older but loves the sun roof. If I could only keep his little ass from wanting to stand on the seat and hang out when I pick him up from school it would be better. O well the joys of having kids.

guernsej

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Britax Roundabout G4.1. However, side seats have latch and middle seatbelt isn't inflatable so I never installed it using an inflatable belt.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Have the same thing in mine. My youngest is a little older but loves the sun roof. If I could only keep his little ass from wanting to stand on the seat and hang out when I pick him up from school it would be better. O well the joys of having kids.

My daughter stopped messing around in her seat after our first trip to the desert.