New dad... Stupid question!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badbowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to the forum and figured this is the place to ask a question...

I'm picking up my new Raptor Monday when it hits the dealership (wife thinks Im going to run errands LOL), and I just looked at the digital window sticker.

I'm picking up a Raptor because a car seat renders my GT350 useless which is why my 1.5 yr old Shelby only has 5k miles on it.

The Raptor should be a cool enough "dad" vehicle but when I looked at the window sticker I realized it has the giant sunroof option.

Is the giant sunroof option going to put the sun right in my lil buddies eyes the whole time I'm driving around??? I mean hes literally facing the roof of the car. Is the glass pretty tinted or am I going to have to have to put something on there to block it out?

Like I said this is probably a dumb question but I figured you guys that already have your trucks might be able to offer up some input.

Thanks

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a cover that can roll over it and fully cover it.

He can have it peacefully dark during the day and look up at the stars at night.

You're gunna love it, congrats! And welcome to the forum

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Badbowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a cover that can roll over it and fully cover it.

He can have it peacefully dark during the day and look up at the stars at night.

You're gunna love it, congrats! And welcome to the forum

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hey thanks man!

That's the kind of info I couldn't find anywhere else!

I appreciate it!

dsfife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My boys love that part of the truck, you will be just fine congrats

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol....I hear it from my 3 year old all the time "Daddy it's too bright!".....roll the shade up....congrats on the new Raptor you'll love it....

04SSHD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a cover that rolls out to cover all of the glass or half of the glass. You'll be fine. Congrats from another dad who's waiting for his new Raptor Delivery!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
your little buddy needs some blindfold shades, or cheap sunglasses. :biggrin:

In time, they will come to appreciate the cool dad vehicle, having not been relegated to travel in a minivan.

well done.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP your concern was my concern too - I hate sunroof shades that don't 100% block out the light. The one in the Raptor does, so no worriers.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As mentioned there's a retracting cover, but if you want to look through the glass without being blasted by too much light, you can always tint the glass which is what I did. I find the rear seat passengers appreciate the moon roof more than people in the front do.