New Bird Slayer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

4BIRDDOGS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mud, Running boards, and spare tire.

The running boards have 3 rows of cut-outs that remind me of 45 caliber bullets. Very nice!
You get 9 up front, a small flat area, 33 in the middle, and a flat area with Raptor at the tail end.

Is this beauty another mud magnet?
Well, Im not sure. It looks like it has the potential.
The new doors are much thicker (and lighter weight) than the old ones. The closed door hovers over the running board. Looking straight down out the window you will only see the outside row of bullets. The other 2 rows are tucked well under the door. If you're slinging mud and gravel my guess is it will park on top of the running boards

Someone asked about mud /slush on the door handles without adding mudflaps.
Here in Illinois mud on the doors is not a problem.
One problem is not being able to see out the side windows. We are blessed with the evil clay soil.
If you are not going straight ahead and plow down a muddy road the clay will stick to everything. If you're sliding or turning its even worse. If you're lucky enough not to get bogged down your troubles are far from being over.
By far the biggest problem is vibration!!!!
That extra mud clinging to anything that spins can make the vehicle almost impossible to drive.
What started out as a fun day hunting ducks ended up a pressure washing marathon. After extensive washing the mud was still oozing out of places months later.
It should be a lot worse with all the new shields under the 2017 Raptor. The mud will have no trouble getting above the sheilds. Good luck getting it out.
Mudflaps will help if you're cruising around town.
If you're heading to your favorite duck pond they become yet another surface for mud to stick to.
I'll be leaving the mudflaps off....
Took a shot of the spare tire. Looks quite nice.

Attachments

• 20170119_151736.jpg
    20170119_151736.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 20170118_133018.jpg
    20170118_133018.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 99

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since the Illinois plate has red letting on the bottom (land of Lincoln) I choose a carbon fiber frame with red along the bottom edge. If I used the same one I had on the front it would have covered the sticker.

They let you hunt in the Land of Barry Soetoro and Rham Immanuel? I thought they took all your guns away?

I won't even buy gas in that State bird hunter.

OP
OP

4BIRDDOGS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They let you hunt in the Land of Barry Soetoro and Rham Immanuel? I thought they took all your guns away?

I won't even buy gas in that State bird hunter.

I never buy gas in Illinois. Its 20 cents cheaper across the river.
They didn't take our guns away... I have a dozen gun shops within 10 miles of the house. That's not counting the Wal Mart one mile away.
Had my concealed carry for years.
Illonisians love gunpowder and lead.
Also fun to fire up the shooting anvil now and then.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
@4BIRDDOGS - do the rear seats remain in a locked down position, or do they just lift up as in the previous gen 1? This was a funny issue when flogging it with people in the back, go over a jump and they'd lift up a bit with the seat bottom and it'd slam back down.

OP
OP

4BIRDDOGS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few shots of a Raptor outside my kitchen window today. No mods needed!!!!

Yes, the back still has pogo seats. They dont lock in the open position. Anyone in the back can pop up and down in rhythm with the bumps.

Attachments

• 20170120_080636.jpg
    20170120_080636.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 20170120_075809.jpg
    20170120_075809.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 20170120_075747.jpg
    20170120_075747.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 88

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@4BIRDDOGS - do the rear seats remain in a locked down position, or do they just lift up as in the previous gen 1? This was a funny issue when flogging it with people in the back, go over a jump and they'd lift up a bit with the seat bottom and it'd slam back down.
Same in the 2017. This is my first Raptor, and I was kind of surprised.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once again THANK YOU!!!! Dave Sinclair Ford
St Louis
Best dealership in the midwest

A closer look at this new 10 speed.
Just to give you a better idea. With all these gears it doesn't stay in one place very long. Lets race to the top! Zipping along at 8 MPH and you are already in 3rd.
15 mph is 4th,
17 mph is 5th,
19 mph 6th
25 mph 7th
30 mph 8th
38 mph 9th
43 mph 10th
These were collected in th normal mode

I got mine from Dave Sinclair as well. They wanted $3k ADM but after working with Dave jr, eventually settled for MSRP. Took it back 2 days after delivery because the steering wheel was not center. They were great to deal with. Even offered me a loaner, if I didn't want to wait. The Raptor is the 3rd truck I've bought from them. Highly recommend them.