New 2017 Ford Raptor Video Touts New BFGoodrich Tires KO2 Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyRaptorArk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Article and video below

New 2017 Ford Raptor Video Touts New BFGoodrich Tires KO2 Tires | Off-Road.com Blog

Much like the first incarnation of the Ford Raptor, the new Ecoboost-powered 2017 F-150 model will also feature a set of BFGoodrich tires specially developed for the off-road truck that Ford says will improve both on- and off-road performance of the truck.

Ford says that the 2017 Raptor’s new BFGoodrich T/A KO2 all-terrain tires were developed in conjunction with the truck’s chassis, so that as the chassis design evolved during testing so did the tire. Apparently at least a dozen variations of this specially design KO2 were used during testing to find the ideal complement for the Raptor

In the video, which is far cooler than trying to explain the benefits of the tire in print, the new KO2 is hailed as offering more tread area than the previous Ford Raptor T/A KO tires, a wider tread pattern to provide more contact with the road and trail, and the larger sidewall lugs are hailed for providing more traction – especially in loose sandy terrain, as the video clearly highlights.

Ford has actually been testing the durability of the BFG KO2 tires on its Raptor race truck in the Best in the Desert race series. Ford actually offers more detailed info about that race truck in a post on its website, which can be found here. The 2017 Ford Raptor should be unveiled to the press and public later this year.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Just saw the 17 yesterday at Ford nationals, the BFGs are new with a more aggressive look than the originals.

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
315-70-17 is a 35" tire (34.4")... Shouldn't be too difficult to fit a 37-12.5 tire with minimal work.

chiefy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same tires on my 2014 jk wrangler. they are a tad smaller then 35" the issue I have is that you have to run higher pressure in them because of the sidewall ratings, if you run under 40psi the outsides wear fast and bad. They are rated at max 65psi. That also means when airing down to 8-10 lb on the trail like I do they dont mold around rocks and such as much.
I will save having ran mine on may rocky off road hardcore trails the sidewall and treads are holding up very well from that.

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same tires on my 2014 jk wrangler. they are a tad smaller then 35" the issue I have is that you have to run higher pressure in them because of the sidewall ratings, if you run under 40psi the outsides wear fast and bad. They are rated at max 65psi. That also means when airing down to 8-10 lb on the trail like I do they dont mold around rocks and such as much.
I will save having ran mine on may rocky off road hardcore trails the sidewall and treads are holding up very well from that.

Are you sure those are the same tires? Ford marketing makes it seem like the ones on the new Raptor are different that what's currently available.... Asking because I have no idea