Never thought I'd find a better one than what I had.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(pics) Never thought I'd find a better one than what I had.....

Just got this new Ridgelander bed cover (tonneau cover) from Undercover (Ridgelander). This thing is amazing. For years I’ve wanted some sort of rack system for the truck-bed, but everything I ever found meant not being able to use a bed cover (or at least one without a roll-up design that eats up bed space to make rom for the box the cover rolls into). Going with just a rack system and no bed-cover of course wouldn’t work for us since the truck bed serves as a storage locker, keeping things dry and safe.
This cover solves that issue. You’ll notice in the picture that there’s a track that goes around the perimeter of the cover. This is a T-Track type system that allows you to mount the cross-bars you see here as well as other accessories like awnings (like ARB awnings), Hi-Lift jacks, shovel mounts and pretty much anything else you can think of...including rooftop tents. My configuration consists of the Ridgelander cover itself, a Rhino-Rack Pioneer rack (small) and Rhino-Rack Bike racks.
I had a fold-a-cover on may Gen 1 Raptor and bought it again when I got this Gen 2 Raptor. It did a great job of keeping water out and was a simple design. I have to say that, even taking the functionality of this new bed cover out of the equation, this is even better than that one was. It’s even more watertight and dust-proof than that one was (I had my wife close the tailgate while I was inside and couldn’t see light seeping in anywhere) and the locking latches that secure the cover are more sturdy by far. This thing is an absolute home run. Oh and someone originally told me that these “weren’t cheap”, but it comes with Rhino-Racks “aero”type bars and when you break down the cost of everything individually it falls in line with what a good bed cover costs. Go to undercoverinfo.com and click “Adventure” to see the different configurations they have as kits.
I should also add that I just came back from Death Valley. We did high speed runs, low speed (rocky) runs....I can absolutely vouch for the durability of the cover. It's rock-solid.

IMG_7209.jpg

DSC_5400.jpg

DSC_5466.jpg

DSC_5276.jpg

IMG_7198.jpg

Last edited: