Need some advice with my order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
So I ordered my 17' Raptor on 5/4/17 via the telephone with my dealer who is in TN. I am in CA. This was their last 17' allocation.

I've asked a few times via phone and email that I get some type of verbal agreement regarding mainly the price of the truck I'm ordering, which is msrp. This has been verbally agreed, but I have no emails, no texts, no documents stating the price.

I really want to know that this thing is locked down, that way I can sit back and relax until it's here. I would hate for them to give my truck to someone else when it gets there, or throw an ADM at me last minute. The salesperson seems cool but who knows, things happen.

I do have $1,000 deposit on the truck, I did get my DORA (At least what I assume is my DORA), and I got a verbal confirmation via voicemail that the salesperson left that says that Ford has accepted my order and that my build date should be around June 12th, with an estimated delivery of mid to late July.

Any advice is welcome. I'm wondering what other people have done when ordering out of state and if any dealers have given you something in writing regarding the sale.

Thanks in advance FRF!

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ask for a sales order that lists the sales price, deposit, and balance. This is very common, so it should not be a surprise to the dealer.

guernsej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want peace of mind and they're being squirrely, ask for your deposit back. There's no honest reason to avoid giving you a sales order, and they can't keep your deposit without it.

Jiman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I ordered my 17' Raptor on 5/4/17 via the telephone with my dealer who is in TN. I am in CA. This was their last 17' allocation.

I've asked a few times via phone and email that I get some type of verbal agreement regarding mainly the price of the truck I'm ordering, which is msrp. This has been verbally agreed, but I have no emails, no texts, no documents stating the price.

I really want to know that this thing is locked down, that way I can sit back and relax until it's here. I would hate for them to give my truck to someone else when it gets there, or throw an ADM at me last minute. The salesperson seems cool but who knows, things happen.

I do have $1,000 deposit on the truck, I did get my DORA (At least what I assume is my DORA), and I got a verbal confirmation via voicemail that the salesperson left that says that Ford has accepted my order and that my build date should be around June 12th, with an estimated delivery of mid to late July.

Any advice is welcome. I'm wondering what other people have done when ordering out of state and if any dealers have given you something in writing regarding the sale.

Thanks in advance FRF!

I recently took out of state delivery also...ironically in TN. I placed my order last Aug. A few days after I placed my order I received an Order Summary which included an itemized list of options, with a total price, that also included my "Sales Code, Order Code, and name".

Other than that, I didn't have anything for the next 9 months until one day I received a txt with my VIN, plus a tentative build/delivery date.

I'd think that if your build is @3wks, your VIN should be available soon...in fact for your sales person to leave you a msg indicating those dates, they might have your VIN already. Getting the VIN and then being able to see my window sticker definitely gave me the warm & fuzzies.

I've never ordered any vehicle like this before and I can empathize that it's a weird process. IMO, it appears normal based on my recent experience.

I'd return your sales guys VM and ask if he has a VIN for you.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask him for an out the door price if you haven't already. Who's the dealer?

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you going to finance the truck? If you are just tell them you need the sales order to get your financing rolling. I purchased out of state. Never got anything on paper until about 1 month before the truck arrived at the dealer.

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. I've sent the dealer an email regarding getting the sales order. I'll update when I hear something back. If they can't work with me, f*ckem I'll get my deposit back and order an 18' with someone else. I'd rather not have to do that though