Need some advice fast...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CharlotteRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question for you. I am not a serious off road guy, but have had several trucks and a couple jeeps. I am looking at going and buying a 2017 Raptor that one of the dealerships has here and they have removed the OEM wheels/tires and put 20 inch XD Wheels with K02 35 inch tires on it. I LOVE the look, but will it affect the capabilities of the truck for just tame off roading?

I am leaving in an hour to look at it and will probably fall in love with it, and have a great deal worked out on it already with a trade etc... I assume I could always buy some cheaper offroad wheels and just swap them out if was going to do anything serious... just don't want to spend any more money after this initial hit...

OP
OP
C

CharlotteRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They sold them... or so they say... but I was thinking of forcing them to put the stock ones from another raptor on it...they do look good, but don't want to give up what the truck is designed to do, even if I never do it.. lol.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck! I ran the question out there a while back, was gonna put 20's and new tires on mine. Everyone who responded was a Do Not! Would give up ride due to lack of sidewall, not really give up any off road ability. I stayed with OEM beadlocks and went to Toyo MT's. Pics when ya get her home!

OP
OP
C

CharlotteRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It didn't have the bead locks on it (although they really aren't bead locks anyway). It had the silver base wheels, which if I am honest I don't really like much anyway. I think if I like the truck I will take it the way it is and try and negotiate half of the 2K it would cost to put the OEM's back on it... just finding negotiating on these raptors to be a little tough....lol.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question for you. I am not a serious off road guy, but have had several trucks and a couple jeeps. I am looking at going and buying a 2017 Raptor that one of the dealerships has here and they have removed the OEM wheels/tires and put 20 inch XD Wheels with K02 35 inch tires on it. I LOVE the look, but will it affect the capabilities of the truck for just tame off roading?

I am leaving in an hour to look at it and will probably fall in love with it, and have a great deal worked out on it already with a trade etc... I assume I could always buy some cheaper offroad wheels and just swap them out if was going to do anything serious... just don't want to spend any more money after this initial hit...

You said light off road so no 20" wheels and AT tires are just fine for that. I've done it a thousand times. If you are jumping dunes then obviously you want factory. Go ahead and buy it based on what you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle7222

Reaction score
The stock are back by service I was just there

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

But the truck looks good

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You say you will do light OFFROAD now, but that's because you have never had a raptor, once you have a raptor you will do more than jump the curb at Starbucks, the 20s are junk for Offroad, get the 17s back on! You will love the truck, enjoy!