Need to shorten my antenna.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garshev

Reaction score
My antenna is hitting my garage door. Anybody shorten the antenna? Ideas?

surfnsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the stubby antenna off of Amazon. Works great however you will get some reduction in FM signal. I primarily listen to XM/stream though so reduced FM signal isn't too big of a deal.

OP
OP
Garshev

Garshev

Reaction score
The dealer removed the ball on my f350 and cut it but I don’t know if the ball is threaded on or how they reattached it.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 8' garage doors at home and don't hit, but I hit all the time driving through the parking ramps at work! Let's me know when it's getting close...

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
wait till you go off road once or twice and it chips your paint and cracks your windshield before you buy one..

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I too bought a 5" stubby antenna from Amazon. Have not compared FM reception vs the stock antenna, it was a part I ordered before even getting the truck and replaced it the day I took delivery. I don't listen to FM much, but the few times I have it worked fine.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have a stubby antenna on mine. the stock one picks up HD at a much better rate.

the stubby works well for looking a lot better and does do just fine for standard radio. i listen to pandora 99% of the time though.

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 for the Stubby. Once installed, it looks like it should have come on the Raptor from the factory. Perfect fitment with better than OEM look.

I have ZERO reception problems with mine. Get one. You won't regret it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoahE