Need help deciding between AG 17 vs Black 18

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASV731

Reaction score
I would got with the '17 for the color and the tech package. Wouldn't worry about a one year model difference.

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the one you think looks better. Just like with women. If they have the same personality do you want the one that will bring home a higher pay check or the one that is hotter? I’m going to take the hotter one.

JackFrostXTR

Reaction score
I switched from black to the AG at the last minute with the interior upgrade. Have been working on the exterior modifications including some carbon fiber accents from Rappy Graphics, a matte black light bar and the 35 in tires with blacked out rims. The black looks nice but I really like the color differential with the AG. Honestly, you can’t go wrong with either one.

One note on the tech package - if you actually plan to use the switches for upgrades (lights, winch, etc), I’ve been told by the guys doing the work the tech package makes running the wiring really tough. Just something to consider.

Good luck - they are awesome trucks.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just ask yourself how much do you want to clean it. If you want to save time go with the AG. I have had a handful of black vehicles, they look great clean but are a bitch to keep them that way. I went with oxford white with my Raptor for that very reason.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would let condition and mileage be the determining factor when buying used, not the year. If, after a detailed inspection of both, you find that they really are in the same condition, then I'd go with the AG. They are sharp trucks in AG and you can't get it anymore.

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tech package! There is a reason why it’s not cheaper than the 18! The package adds value.

And yes, the color is better too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk