NC property tax. Grrrrrr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not use to having to pay a property tax on stuff for just owning it every year. I been in military forever and didn’t have to pay. Well that’s no longer the case as of this year. NC wants 600 dollars for me to get a tag, every year I guess.. this disgust me.. haha I hate it

ranger22

Reaction score
I pay nearly 39k in property taxes every year. Don't sweat it, pay to play, live life and enjoy.

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I don’t mind on all my houses I have I’m just not use to the vehicle. And 600 seems alittle high, almost as much as my insurance for the thing for a year

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I don’t mind on all my houses I have I’m just not use to the vehicle. And 600 seems alittle high, almost as much as my insurance for the thing for a year

In Maine we pay excise tax on a vehicle each year when we register it. It's based off the MSRP of the vehicle, and it goes down each year for 6 years. This year it cost me $1250 to register my plain jane 800A. :mad:

Jesse@MBRP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Truck was 890 to register, my 17 R8 was 2450...and that is every year.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In NJ $80 some to register the truck every two years, but property tax and insurance are ridiculous.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m not use to having to pay a property tax on stuff for just owning it every year. I been in military forever and didn’t have to pay. Well that’s no longer the case as of this year. NC wants 600 dollars for me to get a tag, every year I guess.. this disgust me.. haha I hate it

Raptor tax is alive and well. Travel just one state north, and then lament to me your woes about PP ( and use) tax. Until then, your bill isn’t even a downpayment on VA PPT for a Rap.

Oh, and when you stroke that check, type those account numbers or call in that payment remember, this is just a government sponsored protection racket that inevitably pays for non contributors to the tax base. Even segregated budgets suffer from this.

I’m convinced if we all had to deliver this money in person, it wouldn’t last long.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Va car tax is 4.57%(car personal property) so figure that up... each year you own the vehicle. First 20k is discounted a bit.

Last edited: